Dario has flown over 3 million miles, mostly for business and in the greater part of Asia Pacific. He used to be a travel agent and than a manager for Star Alliance. He still flies every week. Even if he’s no longer in the airline industry, airlines and planes are still his greatest passion. He feels home on a plane, better if first or business class
Dario has previously reviewed the A350 product on Qatar, and today he’s sharing some insights from his Finnair A350 trip! By the way, if you look at SQ’s homepage they’ve done a little microsite in anticipation of their first A350 flights.
- The return flight (HEL-BKK) had a 4 hours delay due to technical problem.
- Amenity kit on the BKK-HEL was not updated, still with the old headphone and amenity box.
- On the HEL-BKK they had totally brand new Bose headphone, smells really new and also Marimekko amenity kit.
- Service is in general less attentive than Asian and Gulf carriers
- Seat is comfortable, very similar to Qatar A350 BUT almost no space for your personal items.
- Windows don’t have a famous semi-transparent and full-darkening double curtains controlled electronically. Instead just a standard plastic shatter.
- Finnair A350 is famous for the LED Aurora Borealis lights but honestly was nothing amazing, actually a bit annoying
- Free wifi for Business Class and only 15 euro for economy class. The fastest wifi I ever experienced on a flight
- Food is “ok lah” and selection of wines is poor.
- IFE is cool for tracking your flight, touch screen and can move the map in all direction using your finger, like using an iPad.
- Selection of movies and music was below average.
All in all, a simplier version of Qatar A350, I will fly with them again if they keep the promotional business class fare.
Click on images for full version[gallery_bank type=”images” format=”masonry” title=”true” desc=”false” responsive=”true” display=”all” sort_by=”random” animation_effect=”” album_title=”true” album_id=”2″]