Shopback runs sales from time to time with upsized cashback on their regular merchants. If you’re planning to make any online travel bookings in the near future it’s always worth checking out if you can save a bit more money this way.
Here are some ongoing travel-related deals:
- AccorHotels– 10% cashback on hotel stays (ends 28 Aug)
- Zuji- 3% cashback on flights (ends 27 Aug)
- Booking.com– 9% cashback on hotel stays (ends 25 Aug)
- Hotels.com– 9% cashback on hotel stays (ends 21 Aug)
- Etihad– 4% cashback on flights (ends 30 Sept)
- iShopChangi– 9% cashback (ends 24 Aug)
Remember that using a cashback portal does not preclude you from earning miles on your credit cards.
I’d recommend you use your DBS Woman’s World card or DBS Altitude AMEX/Visa card when making hotel and travel bookings online to earn bonus miles (4 mpd with DBS Woman’s World and 3 mpd with DBS Altitude). But remember that if you’re only using your credit card to secure your booking, you won’t earn the online spending bonuses (because the amount is billed separately, after your stay, offline). If you’re buying a non refundable hotel reservation or air tickets online, you should get your bonus posted properly.
Also remember that booking through third party OTA sites will make you ineligible to earn points with hotel loyalty programs. However, if you aren’t loyal to a particular chain or are simply looking for the cheapest prices, this may work for you.