I got talked into buying the recently revamped Club Marriott Programme (Now known as Club Marriott 3.0) by my regular salesperson priced at $488 for a year.
The member pack comes in a small folder with the booklet of vouchers within.
From the membership website, the benefits are :-
DINING CARD BENEFITS:
- 30% discount off food and beverage for up to 20 guests in all participating restaurants in Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel and up to 20% discount off food & beverage bill per visit for a maximum group size of ten (10) persons when dining at any other participating Marriott International Hotels in the Asia Pacific region.
- 20% off on whole cakes purchased and 10% off selected pastries and deli items purchased at Java+
- 15% off English High Tea consumed at Lobby Lounge
- 20% off bookings for meeting rooms packages
- $50 off per table when booking for wedding Catering packages (minimum 10 tables)
- 10% off total bill when dining at Ginza Sushi-Ichi Japanese restaurant
- On presentation of the membership card, members will receive a 20% off the Best Available Rate on any room category at Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel and up to 20% off Best Available Rate in participating hotels across Asia Pacific
- 5% off on best quoted price for any products at Youth Jewellery
- On presentation of the membership card, members will be entitled to complimentary access at the Swimming Pool (Mondays to Thursdays, by booking only)
- On presentation of the membership card, members will receive $50 off per table when booking for Wedding Catering packages (Minimum 10 tables)
- 20% off bookings for meeting room packages
And the vouchers in the package are as listed below :-
- 2 X 50% Off Total Food Bill At Marriott Café & Wan Hao Chinese Restaurant (4 – 10 pax)
- 4 X S$50 Voucher For Use At Any Participating Restaurant
- 1 X S$100 Food & Beverage Voucher Valid For Use At Crossroads Café And Pool Grill
- 1 X S$100 Buffet Lunch or Buffet Dinner Voucher For use At Marriott Café
- 4 X 50% Off Total Food Bill At Wan Hao Chinese Restaurant, Marriott Café & Pool Grill (2 – 4 pax)
- 1 X Complimentary Cake 1kg
- 1 X Birthday Special – Complimentary Bottle of House Wine
- 5 X 50% Off Best Available Room Rate For A Weekend Stay In A Deluxe Room (Fri – Sun)
- 5 X Complimentary Upgrade to Premier Deluxe from Deluxe (weekend & weekday)
- 4 X Complimentary Usage of Gym
So the vouchers are $400 in total, but considering there are often up to 50% discount on credit cards and other promotions, the minimum value would be $200 instead.
A cake and a bottle of wine would probably be $50 to me, so that’s the value I assign.
And so, I would be paying $238 for two 50% vouchers for 4-10 pax and four 50% vouchers for 2-4 pax.
I’m not sure what value to assign to 4 gym passes and the use of the swimming pool for Mon-Thu only with booking required, and limited to 10 per day. Sounds pretty hard to utilize to me.
Considering one has to spend significant money even on a 50% off BAR for the room, I think of it as a perk rather than having any value. Even with free upgrade vouchers which can be used together.
I have also taken a look at the 10% off flexible rates at the participating APAC hotels, and it was definitely more than the usual prepaid rates.
The other participating hotels in Singapore include the Vagabond, Westin and Le Meridien, so the discount may be worth something if one likes the fore-mentioned hotels.
The list of participating hotels is actually pretty long, but I’m really not sure how I am going to maximize my returns.
For me, I think I would be using the 50% dining vouchers for group dining and so it does make sense for me to be a member and so I am!
Does it makes sense for you to be a member too? Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments!
Happy and Healthy Travels!