The OCBC Titanium Rewards card normally gives 4 mpd on online and offline shopping (clothes, bags, shoes, electronics, department stores), personal care and mobile payments.
If you’re holding on to an OCBC Titanium Rewards card, you may have received the following SMS :
<ADV> OCBC Titanium Rewards: Want to earn 10 OCBC$ (worth 4 Miles) for every dollar spent on dining? Just charge any 5 transactions to your card. Till 9 February 2018. Visit bit.ly/2lJL61K for details and T&Cs. Questions? Call 1800 363 3333. To unsubscribe, SMS unsub to 76062.
From now till 9 Feb, Titanium Rewards cardholders can earn 4 mpd on dining by making any 5 transactions to their card (online or offline). “Transactions” is just about anything, with the usual exceptions of “annual card fees, Cash-On-Instalment IPP, extended payment plan, income tax payment, bill payments made via Internet Banking, bill payments made
via AXS, interest, late payment charges, goods and services taxes, cash advances, balance transfers and other fees and charges incurred on the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card”
You can earn 4 mpd on dining at any merchant with the following MCC
- 5811 (Caterers)
- 5812 (Restaurants and eating places)
- 5814 (Fast food restaurants)
In case you were wondering what happened to 5813, 5813 is for Bars, Cocktail Lounges, Discotheques, Nightclubs and Taverns–Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages). You won’t earn 4 mpd here under this promotion.
The T&C don’t specify any cap on this, and OCBC have confirmed with me that there isn’t any. That means that spending under this promotion won’t count towards the annual 120,000 OCBC$ ($12K @ 10 X/4 mpd ) cap. So mark this as a great promotion, especially if you don’t have a UOB Preferred Platinum AMEX. Even if you don’t intend to spend big on dining before 9 Feb, you might want to consider buying dining gift vouchers wherever they’re available in restaurants to “lock in” your 4 mpd.
Unfortunately, this promotion does not stack with the ongoing 10X promotion on mobile payments. That’s to say, you will not earn 20X points when you dine at a restaurant and pay through your mobile payments app + Titanium Rewards card. You can read the full T&C here.
If you, like me, weren’t targeted, take some comfort in the fact that a large number of restaurants which accept credit cards should have updated their POS terminals by now to accept contactless/mobile payments, so by linking your Titanium Rewards card to your Android/Samsung/Apple pay account you should still be able to earn 4 mpd on dining.
$192.60 (First 2 Years Free)
OCBC Titanium Rewards
- Earn 4 miles per dollar when you shop at department stores, electronics stores, babies' and children's wear, or clothes, shoes and bags both online and offline, in Singapore and overseas
- From now till 31 December 2018, earn 4 mpd on personal care (drug stores and pharmacies) and mobile payments with Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay
- Bonus miles are capped at $12,000 of spend per card membership year. But apply for both the Blue and Pink version of the card and double that cap to $24,000 (96,000 miles)
- Spending on the OCBC Titanium Rewards helps you earn bonus interest if you have an OCBC 360 account. Check out this article about bank accounts and miles cards