Standard Chartered has partnered with Crystal Jade to offer a complimentary Crystal Jadeite membership for all SCB credit and debit card holders. DBS has done something similar to this in the past but that promotion is since over.
You can sign up here for this promotion. At the time of writing, their sign up link was not working- it redirects you to the DBS promotion sign up page which has since expired. I suppose that will get fixed shortly.
- Up to 12% rebate for every S$1 spent year round
- Up to 20% rebate for every S$1 spent during the month of your birthday and during Members’ Day
- A complimentary appetizer voucher at Crystal Jade Kitchen
- A complimentary appetizer voucher at Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao/Jiangnan
- 20% off dining voucher at Crystal Jade Kitchen or La Mian Xiao Long Bao/ Jiangnan
- 15% off e-voucher for dining bill at any participating restaurant
To max out the discount (i.e. to get the advertised “up to” rebate %) you’ll need to pay with a DBS or SCB credit card. If you use any other bank’s credit card you will get a 10% rebate instead of a 12% rebate.
Note that this complimentary sign up promotion is different from what you get when you sign up for the standard Crystal Jadeite membership. If you pay the $38 fee to sign up you will get the aforementioned gifts + $40 of Crystal Jade points that can be used towards your next meal. So you do come out on top, assuming you intend to dine there more than once.
Membership is valid for 1 year and will be automatically renewed if you’ve spent more than $1,000 in your membership year. Failing which, an $18 fee is payable (but gives you $20 of Crystal Jade points)
This offer is available for sign us till 30 Nov 2016.