|Update (21/12): Amazing- we’re now at 235% of the fundraising target! Please continue to chip in, as every little bit helps. Even what seems like a token amount can go a long way for someone less fortunate.|
The miles and points hobby lets us enjoy some of the finer experiences in life. Vintage champagne, caviar, designer amenities kits, luxury hotel rooms- all that good stuff.
And yet there are many out there who will never see the inside of an airplane, much less a First Class seat. There are families who struggle to make ends meet, and as much as we may gripe about champagne being served warm or an aircraft equipment swap, these complaints are completely and utterly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.
Every year since The Milelion started in 2015, we’ve been using some of the proceeds from the site to support a worthy cause. This year, would you join us in raising a Christmas gift to support the work of Methodist Welfare Services?
The campaign runs from now till 25 December 2019, and we’ve set a target of S$3,000. I’ve gotten the ball rolling, and to help put things in perspective:
- A donation of S$10 funds an educational trip for disadvantaged children
- A donation of S$25 funds medical supplies for a home resident for a day
- A donation of S$50 helps sponsor two family workshops for at-risk youths
- A donation of S$100 helps to match a low-income family’s savings for two weeks
- A donation of S$200 helps provide school-going support for two primary school and three secondary school children for a month
- A donation of S$400 helps to match two low-income families’ clearance of debt of household consumption (e.g. utilities, telco, and rental arrears) for one month
Methodist Welfare Services is an approved IPC, so all donations will get 2.5X tax deductions. Pssst… American Express cards earn points and miles on giving.sg donations too!
On another note, as the end of the year draws near, I’ll be penning a few reflections on a year of full-time Milelioning, plus some things to look forward to in 2020.
Stay tuned, and thank you for your generosity!
Purchases made through any of the links in this article may generate an affiliate commission that supports the running of the site. Found this post useful? Subscribe to our Telegram Channel to get these posts pushed directly to your phone, or our newsletter (on the right of your screen) for the latest deals and hacks delivered to your inbox.