I wrote a previous article about how DBS was giving away free money with its Esso card for new signups. Basically, it was advertised that you’d get $70 in fuel vouchers when you signed up for the card.
The vouchers have come in the mail and they’re not exactly what I expected.
As you can see, they come in $5 denominations, and their validity is spread out over a few months. You get
- $10 to use in October 2015
- $20 to use in November 2015
- $20 to use in Dec 2015
- $20 to use in Jan 2016
The T&C state
- Vouchers CAN be used with prevailing station discounts
- Vouchers CAN be used at all Esso station, for petrol only
- 1 redemption per voucher, but vouchers can be combined
- Payment must be made to a DBS Esso MasterCard card
So you do get $70 in total, but you’re going to have to spread that out.
The promotion is valid for sign ups till 30 Nov, so sign up here if you want to get in on this.