|Update: Aaaandddd it’s gone. Let’s see if they launch additional packages, seeing as how they’re selling so well.|
This won’t last long, so I’m just going to write a short post so you can get to booking.
KrisFlyer Experiences has launched a 3-nights Seacation package with Dream Cruises that’s going for just 6,000 miles per cabin (two people). You’ll need to pay port fees and gratuities of S$123 per head, but it’s still an excellent deal in my book.
This actually launched yesterday with two possible sailing dates:
- 31 Jan- 3 Feb
- 7 Feb – 10 Feb
However, all the packages were fully redeemed within hours. KrisFlyer Experiences has now added additional packages for 31 Jan -3 Feb, but there’s no guarantee how long they’ll last.
You’ll be booked into a balcony stateroom, and apart from the S$123 port charges and gratuities, everything else is included (the COVID-19 test too).
Here’s the full details :
- Each cabin (Balcony State Room) can house a maximum of 2 passengers
- After completing the redemption, member must send the confirmation email received from KrisFlyer Experiences, together with the information required as detailed here to [email protected] by 28 January to complete the cruise booking
- A separate payment of SGD123 for port charges and gratuity fees per passenger must be paid to Dream Cruises separately to complete the booking
The T&C is as follows. Do note that all redemptions are non-refundable, and you can redeem multiple packages.
- Redemption is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The experience must be redeemed in full using KrisFlyer miles.
- Miles redeemed are non-refundable.
- Members can redeem multiple tickets. 6,000 KrisFlyer miles will be deducted for each redemption.
- By redeeming this experience, member is bound by the Terms and Conditions of Genting Cruise Lines as stated here.
- Each member will be required to take a Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) Nasal Swab test prior to embarkation and after disembarkation at Marina Bay Cruise Centre.
- Genting Dreams will contact members who have made the redemption within 3 days of the scheduled sail date to process payment of the port charges and gratuity fees, and issue the cruise booking confirmation details.
- By participating in this KrisFlyer Experience, each Participant consents that any and all personal data he/she submits including his/her and his/her nominated companion’s names, KrisFlyer membership numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, contact numbers may be collected, used, disclosed, or otherwise processed by SIA for the purposes of administrating the KrisFlyer Experience.
From what I can see, a Balcony State room for the sailing on 31 January would cost S$378 for two passengers, so you’re getting slightly over 2 cents per mile.
At 6,000 miles for two people, you really can’t go wrong. I’ve gone and booked myself a ticket, just so I can do a comparative review with Royal Caribbean.