Citibank has extended their sign up bonus promotion for the Citibank PremierMiles card where you can earn up to 42,000 Miles with a minimum spending of S$10,000 (or S$10,192.60 if you factor in the annual fee) within the first 3 months upon card approval.
The promotion was supposed to end on 31 December 2017 but it looks like Citibank has extended it further to 28 Feburary 2018. So if you have any big purchases coming up for Chinese New Year (or any other big purchases really), this would be a good time to apply for the PremierMiles card.
The standard terms and conditions apply whereby if you’re an existing Citibank cardholder or have cancelled your cards with Citibank within the last 12 months prior to applying for the PremierMiles card, you won’t be eligible for the sign up bonus.
Existing Citibank cardholders have an offer too
In addition, existing Citibank card members who don’t currently own the Citibank PremierMiles card are eligible for 5,000 bonus miles and a S$100 Kaligo voucher after S$10,192.60 spend (factoring in the annual fee). I personally find Citibank miles and points to be more valuable as they can be transferred to more airline partners than DBS/UOB. However, keep in mind that points from different cards do not pool
If you don’t currently own a Citibank card or have cancelled all your cards with them for over a period of 12 months, it wouldn’t be too bad of an idea to apply for a new PremierMiles card to snag the sign up bonus. As always, you can support the MileLion by applying for your card through the link below. A running tally of all the current sign up bonuses on the market can be found here.
$192.60 (First Year Free Option)
Citibank Premiermiles Visa
- New Citibank cardholders can earn 42,000 miles when they spend $10,000 in the first 3 months after approval and pay the annual fee of $192.60
- Earn 1.2 mpd on local spending, 2 mpd on overseas spending (boosted to 3.5 mpd until 31 Jan 2018), 3 mpd on Expedia, 6 mpd on Agoda and 10 mpd on Kaligo
- Most banks offer just Krisflyer and Asiamiles- Citibank offers those plus the chance to earn miles with Qantas, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Thai, EVA, Garuda, Malaysia Airlines, British Airways, Air France, and KLM
- Citibank doesn't forget about existing cardmembers either- in June 2017 they ran a promotion allowing members to buy miles at 0.76 cents each, an unheard of price
- Note that Citibank points do not pool. If you earn points across different Citibank cards you'll need to pay separate conversion fees when you convert them to miles