Welcome to For The Record, or #ftr, a place to catch up all that’s been shared across The Milelion’s Telegram and Facebook Groups where people talk about miles and points, 24/7. Here’s my attempt to summarize the things I found interesting in the past week.
There’s so much chatter going on that this list will be far from comprehensive, so if you want all the details be sure to join the Telegram and Facebook groups. If you have something important to share, be sure to label it with #ftr in the Telegram or Facebook groups. Thank you to everyone for contributing to the community!
Check out previous editions of #ftr here
- More Apple Pay possibilities: NUH, Burlamacco Restaurant, Tiffany’s [but requests physical card for some reason], se7enth bar, Muji, Shi Li Fang, Klook (Angela, James Teo, Zack, Leo, Matthias Chia, Yao, Luo Feng)
- Despite what the website says, NUS tuition fees at Singpost outlets can only be paid through cash (Jiehao)
- The Mastercard Nearby app allows you to locate nearby retailers who accept Mastercard contactless payments [read: Apple Pay] (Michael)
- No Apple Pay at the Grand Hyatt Singapore
- HSBC Premier is offering 12 months of free Expedia+ Gold for eligible cardmembers- simply enter the first 6 digits of your Premier Mastercard (Keith Ng)
- On the road: Apple Pay is widely accepted in Taipei, but using it in mainland China requires a local bank account (King K, LH)
- Night Safari ticket purchases code as payments to government institutions (!) so no 10X on the WWMC (Srad Lynn)
- Robinsons is not accepting Paywave or other contactless payments (THA, Srad Lynn)
- Kopitiam is waiving the 2% admin fee for top ups using DBS/POSB cards. Top ups do not earn any points (Flappy)
- It’s always been a bit of a grey area whether APEC business cardholders can bring guests or family members with them through the priority queue, but TPE has a sign explicitly allowing this (King K)
- If you signed up for the upsized GoBear AMEX promotion from the Masterclass, the 6,000 bonus miles should be starting to post (Alex)
As far as possible I always try to cite the source for proper credit, but feel free to PM me if I’ve goofed up. Please note that this is all community-sourced data and YMMV.