Welcome to For The Record, or #ftr, a place to catch up all that’s been shared across The Milelion’s Telegram and Facebook Groups where people talk about miles and points, 24/7. Here’s my attempt to summarize the things I found interesting in the past week.
There’s so much chatter going on that this list will be far from comprehensive, so if you want all the details be sure to join the Telegram and Facebook groups. If you have something important to share, be sure to label it with #ftr in the Telegram or Facebook groups. Thank you to everyone for contributing to the community!
Check out previous editions of #ftr here
- The last day for the Citibank-Apple Pay 20X promotion is 31 July 2018. So long as your transaction is made before 2359 on Tuesday, you’re safe. This #ftr is to resolve the conflicting information that people have received from CSOs regarding the transaction vs posting date
- Miscellaneous Apple Pay related updates: Kickstarter takes Apple Pay but only charges your card at the end of the campaign (Phil), Fullerton Hotel (for buying Mooncakes) (Nobody Nobody) Chuan Seng Lighting, Sim Siang Choon (CC), Waave app (Valentine), Caprilicious at Capri (DJ Ang), Prime Supermarket (Ak), Nissan @ Ubi (Andrew)
- Grab vouchers cannot be used for GrabHitch or GrabShuttle rides (DJ Ang)
- If you’ve received a complimentary TungLok membership via Citibank, the birthday benefits and free points on joining can be stacked (James Teo)
- Buying a credit report from CBS generates miles on the DBS Altitude (Isaac)
- Not sure this was ever in doubt, but you do not earn 10X on contactless payments with the WWMC (Isaac)
As far as possible I always try to cite the source for proper credit, but feel free to PM me if I’ve goofed up. Please note that this is all community-sourced data and YMMV.