World of Hyatt is holding a points sale from now till 12 June 11.59 am Singapore time where members can get up to a 40% bonus on purchased points. A 40% bonus is the largest sale that Hyatt offers the public on points.
Purchase 10,000 or more points to trigger the 40% bonus
To trigger the 40% bonus, you need to buy at least 10,000 points. Buying 5,000-9,000 points gets a 30% bonus, and there’s no bonus for 4,000 points or less.
Assuming you max out the bonus, you’ll be paying 1.71 US cents per point.
Each World of Hyatt account is only allowed to purchase a maximum of 55,000 World of Hyatt points a year pre-bonus.
As a reminder, here’s the current World of Hyatt award chart:
Park Hyatt Maldives
Buying Hyatt points is great to access some of the portfolio’s top tier properties like the Park Hyatt Maldives, a Category 7 property which costs 30,000 points a night (US$513 a night if you buy points). Given that revenue rates here can be upwards of US$880 a night including taxes, there are deals to be had by buying points instead.
It’s not just the top tier properties which have great redemption opportunities- even the lower Category World of Hyatt hotels can be good choices. For instance, the Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit is a Category 1 hotel that will cost you just 5,000 World of Hyatt points a night. If you purchase points in this sale, you will only be paying US$85 a night, lower than the US$130 rates you’d normally find.
Although you should not purchase points speculatively, if you already have travel plans then this can be a great way of getting hotel rooms for less.
World of Hyatt points purchaess are processed by Points.com and are charged in USD. You might want to consider using these cards to maximize your points return from the purchase of World of Hyatt points:
- UOB Visa Signature: 4 mpd, minimum S$1,000, maximum S$2,000 per statement period
- DBS Woman’s World Mastercard: 4 mpd, capped at S$2,000 per month. You may need to manually appeal to get the bonus 2.8 mpd credited as the system may not automatically award it
- Citi Rewards Visa or Citi Rewards Mastercard: 4 mpd, capped at S$1,000 per statement month
- SCB Visa Infinite: 3 mpd, min S$2,000 spend per statement period
- BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard: 3 mpd, uncapped