|Update (15/7): The STB has now approved a total of 26 hotels for staycations. Check out the latest version of this post here|
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has approved 13 additional hotels for staycations, bringing the total list to 18. This comes shortly after the first five were approved on Thursday last week, hopefully meaning the inspection teams are working overtime to power through the applications.
What hotels are approved for staycations?
The following 18 hotels are now approved to take staycation guests, effective immediately:
- Capella Hotel, Singapore (New)
- Crockfords Tower
- Hotel NuVe (New)
- Hotel YAN (New)
- lyf Funan Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore (New)
- Oasia Hotel Downtown (New)
- ONE15 Marina Club
- Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road (New)
- PARKROYAL On Beach Road (New)
- Raffles Hotel Singapore (New)
- Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (New)
- Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa
- The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore (New)
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore (New)
- The St. Regis Singapore (New)
- The Warehouse Hotel (New)
- W Singapore Sentosa Cove Hotel
4 of the first 5 approvals were in Sentosa, so it’s nice to see there’s more of a geographical spread now.
For the latest list, be sure to refer to the STB’s official page of hotels approved for staycations
What staycation deals are on offer?
Earlier today, I published a comprehensive article detailing the various staycation deals available. Inside, you’ll find information on special staycation rates and packages and how to book them.
The post will be continually updated as new deals are listed, so be sure to check back often.
What will the staycation experience be like?
The STB has published an extensive list of regulations that hotels must comply with before they can accept staycation guests.
I’ve covered the details here, but you can expect things like:
- Staggered check-in/out timings
- Capacity constraints on pool and gym usage
- Contactless delivery of room service and other amenities
- Modified club lounge happy hours
- No breakfast buffets
It won’t be the same as it was before, but you can expect smaller crowds and an almost religious devotion to cleanliness.
With 18 hotels now on the approved staycation list, there’s more options to choose from. It’s also good news for those of you who don’t fancy trekking down to Sentosa, with hotels in Bugis, Marina Bay and Tanglin.
It also means that those of you who purchased those Fullerton Hotel staycation vouchers now have the chance to use them.
Which hotel are you looking forward to visiting?