The InterContinental Singapore in Bugis (the Robertson Quay one isn’t open for staycations yet) is currently offering a Suite Surprise staycation package, which in itself looks like a good deal at S$388 nett.
However, there’s a way to cut the price even further to S$298 nett, which makes this almost a no-brainer.
InterContinental Suite Surprise package
From now till 18 December 2020, you can book a suite at the InterContinental Singapore for S$388 nett under the Suite Surprise package, with the following inclusions:
- Club InterContinental benefits (breakfast, tea, cocktail hour)
- 20% off Ash & Elm, Lobby Lounge, Man Fu Yuan and in-room dining
- Free parking
Which suite? That’s the fun part. You could be assigned any of the following:
(basically a Junior Suite, but on a higher floor)
|SCENE SHANG Suite
(basically a Heritage Suite, but with special SCENE SHANG furnishings)
Yes, even the Presidential Suite is on the list of possible upgrades, although I can’t imagine they’re giving that away for free every night.
But even if you don’t fancy your luck, I did some poking around and the cheapest breakfast-inclusive rate I can find for a Junior Suite between now and 18 December is S$367 nett (and keep in mind, this is for a Wednesday night stay, and I only found it once. Most other nights are upwards of $410 nett).
Junior Suites booked outside the Suite Surprise package don’t come with club lounge access, so even if you pay S$388 nett for the Suite Surprise package and get assigned a Junior Suite, you’re arguably better off because of the afternoon tea and evening cocktails, plus 20% off on F&B.
Save a further 30% off with Travel Spark’s voucher sale
Here’s the other half of the equation. Later this evening (10 October), Travel Spark (run by TTG, one of the leading names in travel & tourism events) will be selling InterContinental vouchers at up to 30% off.
Join their live stream at 9 p.m tonight (there’ll be lucky draws and other great staycation deals too), or visit the shop page by end of day on 12 October to buy. This page is currently blank and will be updated when the stream goes live.
You can choose from the following options:
- Pay S$240 for S$300 of vouchers (20% off)
- Pay S$280 for S$400 of vouchers (30% off)
Vouchers are issued in denominations of S$100, and a maximum of four can be used in a single transaction. They are valid till 21 December 2020.
I’ve confirmed with Travel Spark (who checked with InterContinental) that these vouchers can be used to pay for the Suite Surprise package (or any of their other staycation packages, for that matter), notwithstanding the fact it’s a prepaid rate.
You’ll need to call or email the InterContinental Singapore reservations department with your preferred dates, and tell them you want to book the Suite Surprise rate using TTG vouchers. They will check the availability and process the booking offline.
Update: From InterContinental’s reservations team:
“It is a pleasure to know that you had manage secure the promotional voucher via TTG! We do understand that you’re keen our Suite Surprise and it is offers limited number of rooms that must be reserve online, click here.
Despite advance deposit being applicable for Suite surprise package, we will not induce any form of deposit till your arrival with us. It is a hassle-free redemption by informing us the hotel confirmation number that you will be redeeming it for. We would suggest to quickly secure a room reservation and drop us a message once it have been completed.
Appreciate so much for your support with us as we look forward welcoming you to be with us soon!”
Since the vouchers are in denominations of S$100, your S$388 rate effectively gets reduced to S$298 nett (use 3 x S$100 vouchers which you bought for S$210, then pay the other S$88 in cash- you’ll have 1 x S$100 voucher left over which you can use for other things like dining).
Is there any catch?
There’s one important point to note. InterContinental Singapore has set up a special booking page to let you browse for Suite Surprise availability, and I cannot find any rooms available for Saturday to Sunday stays. I am, however, able to find availability for Friday to Saturday stays.
Here’s the availability calendar as of the time I wrote this article.
Before you buy any vouchers, confirm that your desired stay dates have Suite Surprise availability.
Terms and Conditions
Here’s the T&C for the Suite Surprise package. The most important one to note is that IHG Rewards Club points accrual and benefits do not apply on this rate.
- Full pre-payment is required upon reservation.
- Reservation is non-transferable, non-refundable, and non-exchangeable
- Prior room reservation is required and subject to availability.
- Extra beds are chargeable, limited to a maximum of one extra bed per king-bedded room.
- Nett daily rates are inclusive of 10% service charge and 7% government tax
- Limousine transfers are not included in this package
- Complimentary parking for one vehicle per stay for a single entry. Excludes valet parking.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions and IHG Rewards Club (i.e. vouchers, membership benefits, rewards points and rewards night) [as mentioned, this clause does not affect your ability to use TTG vouchers]
And here’s the T&C for the InterContinental vouchers.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
- Vouchers sold are non-refundable.
- Voucher is valid at InterContinental Singapore, for use on room bookings, and dining at Ash & Elm, Man Fu Yuan, and The Lobby Lounge.
- Vouchers are only applicable for new bookings for hotel room stays and dining reservations, and must be consumed by 21 December 2020.
- Strictly no extension of validity dates and replacement of lost vouchers.
- Vouchers are not exchangeable for cash.
- Voucher is void if altered, non-refundable, and no partial refund.
- A maximum of 4 vouchers may be used per transaction / receipt.
- Voucher is not valid to use in conjunction with other promotions or discounts.
- InterContinental Singapore reserves the rights to invalidate vouchers in connection to any fraudulent transaction, without refund or compensation.
- Voucher is not applicable for banquet, events, off-site catering, weddings, etc.
- Black-out dates apply.
A suite with club lounge access at the InterContinental Singapore was already a good deal at S$388 nett, but at S$298 nett it’s almost too good to pass up.
Do note that the club lounge is currently closed, but the benefits (breakfast, tea, cocktails) can be enjoyed in a dedicated area in the Ash & Elm restaurant instead.