From 1-30 November 2021, new-to-bank customers approved for selected CIMB credit cards will receive S$150 cash or a pair of Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case (worth S$199), with a minimum spend of S$500 per month for the first 2 months.
|⚠️ CIMB defines “new-to-bank” as customers who do not currently hold a principal CIMB credit card, and have not done so in the past 12 months.|
For perspective, this month’s offer is the most generous we’ve ever seen- previous months’ cash offers maxed out at S$130:
- October 2021: Samsung Galaxy Buds2 or S$130 cash
- September 2021: Huawei FreeBuds Pro or S$130 cash
- August 2021: Marshall IV Headphones or S$130 cash
- July 2021: Jabra Elite 75t earbuds or S$120 cash
- April, May 2021: Fitbit Inspire 2 or S$130 cash
Which CIMB cards are eligible?
The following CIMB credit cards are eligible for this offer.
|Card||Income Req.||Annual Fee|
|CIMB Visa Signature|
|CIMB World Mastercard|
|CIMB Visa Infinite|
All CIMB cards are free for life for both principal and supplementary cardholders.
Applications must be received by 30 November 2021, and cards must be approved by 15 December 2021. Once again, take note that this promotion is for new-to-bank customers only; existing customers will not receive any gift.
The full T&C can be found here.
- Apply through any of the links in this article
- You will be directed to a SingSaver landing page. Enter your email address and click “confirm”
- Complete your application and take a screenshot of the Application Reference Number (for CIMB, this is 8 alphanumeric characters, e.g 1-xxxxxxx)
- Fill in the SingSaver rewards form that will be sent to your email. It’s vital you fill in the form. No form, no reward.
You’ll be able to indicate your choice of gift in the rewards form if applicable.
The approved card must be activated and a minimum qualifying spend of S$500 charged in the first 30 days from approval, and another S$500 charged during the subsequent 30 days (i.e. S$1,000 total).
For example, if your card is approved on 30 November 2021, your first 30 days runs from 1 December 2021 to 30 December 2021, and the second 30 days from 31 December 2021 to 30 January 2022.
According to the T&C, qualifying spend refers to any retail transactions (including internet purchases) which do not arise from:
- ez-Link/ Transit Link top-up and reload
- Cash advances
- Balance transfers
- Fund transfers
- CIMB 0% i.Pay Plan
- Interest Charges
- Amounts brought forward from previous statements
However, the CIMB T&Cs further restrict you from spending on:
- Charitable donations
- Government transactions
- GrabPay top-ups
Unfortunately, GrabPay top-ups can no longer be used to clock spend for CIMB sign-up offers.
Gifts will be fulfilled by SingSaver within four months of meeting the qualifying criteria. The reason for the long delay is the need to confirm the qualifying criteria with the bank. If you’re not comfortable with this timeline, please don’t apply; you’re just going to get annoyed with the wait.
Cash gifts will be fulfilled by PayNow, while merchandise will need to be collected at a specified redemption centre.
Any enquiries about gift fulfillment should be sent to [email protected]