IHG One Rewards has opened registration for its Fall 2022 promotion, which kicks off from 13 October 2022.
Unlike the previous global promotion, which offered 2-4X points, IHG is offering a fixed bonus of 2,000 or 10,000 points depending on nights stayed.
IHG One Rewards fall promo
In a departure from the usual mechanics, IHG One Rewards members are invited to register for one of two promotions:
- Earn 2,000 bonus points after every two nights
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after every four nights
Remember that this refers to cumulative nights during the promotion period, not nights per stay.
Once you have registered for an offer, your selection cannot be changed. It’s a bit of an odd choice though, since nearly everyone should register for promotion (2), unless perhaps you only intend to stay less than four nights at IHG properties during the entire promotion period.
A few additional points to note:
- Registration can be done between 28 September and 31 December 2022
- Stays must be between 13 October and 31 December 2022
- All paid nights booked directly through IHG qualify for this promotion, with a minimum nightly rate of US$30
- Award nights do not qualify for this promotion
- There is no cap on the bonus points that can be earned
- Bonus points will post within six weeks of an eligible stay
1 IHG point is worth roughly 0.5 US cents, so this promotion is like receiving an incremental US$50 every four nights, or US$10 every two nights. The per night rebate is obviously larger for the four nights offer.
As a reminder, here’s how many points IHG One Rewards members normally earn, depending on their tier. These will be granted on top of any bonuses from this promotion.
|🏨 IHG Points per US$1|
|*Stays at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites earn 5 base points per US$1|
IHG One Rewards has opened registration for its fall 2022 promotion, which offers a choice of 2,000 bonus points per two nights, or 10,000 bonus points per four nights. Almost everyone should be registering for the latter, unless you intend to stay less than four nights for the entire promotion period.
With fixed points promotions like this, the lower your room rate, the bigger your effective rebate (provided the room rate is at least US$30). But regardless of whether you’re staying at the InterContinental Paris or a Staybridge Suites off the expressway near Tallahassee, you should take the time to register nonetheless.