IHG has launched its “Biggest Member Event” for Cyber Monday, which presents a great opportunity to rack up bonus points.
For today and tomorrow (28 & 29 November 2022), all bookings for stays up till 31 December 2022 will enjoy 10,000 bonus points per two nights, with no cap on the maximum bonus that can be earned. This is further stackable with IHG One’s Fall promotion which gives 10,000 bonus points per four nights.
|IHG Cyber Monday Sale|
Earn 10,000 bonus points for every two nights
IHG One Rewards members who register and book stays on 28 & 29 November 2022 will earn 10,000 bonus points for every two nights stayed.
Here’s a few things to note:
- Registration must be done prior to booking your stay
- Bookings are based on “local standard time”, which isn’t specified in the T&Cs. My assumption is that it refers to the location your IHG account is registered in, but in any case bookings made on 28 November will definitely be safe
- This only applies to stays with a minimum room rate of US$30, and not stays booked with points
- The two nights need not be consecutive, and can be split over multiple bookings
- Stays must be consumed by 31 December 2022
- Bonus points will be posted within six weeks
This offer does not apply to pre-existing stays booked before 28 November 2022. You’ll need to cancel and rebook them if you want to enjoy this offer (assuming your booking is refundable, and rates have not gone up since then).
1 IHG point is worth roughly 0.5 US cents each, so this promotion is offering US$50 per two nights stayed.
Stack with IHG One’s ongoing promo
As a reminder, this Cyber Monday promotion can be stacked with IHG One Reward’s ongoing Fall 2022 offer, which started on 13 October 2022.
IHG One Rewards members can register for one of two promotions:
- Earn 2,000 bonus points after every two nights
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after every four nights
Remember that this refers to cumulative nights during the promotion period, not nights per stay.
Once you have registered for an offer, your selection cannot be changed. It’s a bit of an odd choice though, since nearly everyone should register for promotion (2), unless perhaps you only intend to stay less than four nights at IHG properties during the entire promotion period.
A few additional points to note:
- Registration can be done between 28 September and 31 December 2022
- Stays must be between 13 October and 31 December 2022
- All paid nights booked directly through IHG qualify for this promotion, with a minimum nightly rate of US$30
- Award nights do not qualify for this promotion
- There is no cap on the bonus points that can be earned
- Bonus points will post within six weeks of an eligible stay
1,000 bonus points for IHG app download
This only applies to members who have never downloaded the app prior to 22 November 2022, and who do so by 2 December 2022. The bonus points will post within six weeks, and there’s no qualifying activity required beyond signing in to your account.
IHG’s Cyber Monday promotion offers an easy way to earn 10,000 bonus points per two nights stayed, and even if your plans are speculative, you can book refundable stays to lock in the bonus points should you decide to travel.
Do remember to register and make your bookings by 29 November 2022 with stays up till 31 December 2022.