IHG One Rewards has unveiled its latest summer promotion, which runs from 6 June to 31 August 2023.
Members have a choice of either 2,000 bonus points every two nights, or 10,000 bonus points every four nights. There is no cap on the maximum bonus that can be earned.
IHG One Rewards new promotion
IHG One Reward’s latest promotion offers members a choice between:
- Earn 2,000 bonus points after every two nights
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after every four nights
Nights refer to cumulative nights during the promotion period, not nights per stay.
Here’s the main points to note:
- Registration is required (if prompted for a code, enter 62792)
- Stays must be between 6 June to 31 August 2023
- All registration must be done prior to an eligible stay
- All paid nights booked directly through IHG qualify for this promotion, with a minimum nightly rate of US$30
- Award nights do not qualify for this promotion
- There is no cap on the bonus points that can be earned
- Bonus points will post within six weeks of an eligible stay
Once members have registered for an offer, their selection cannot be changed. It’s a bit of an odd choice though, since nearly everyone should register for 10,000 points per four nights, unless you intend to stay less than four nights at IHG properties during the entire promotion period.
A word of warning: if you’ve received an IHG eDM about this promotion, there’s a big orange “register in 1 click” button. If you click this, you’ll be automatically registered for the featured promotion in the eDM (some will feature 2,000 points/2 nights, others 4,000 points/4 nights).
The featured promotion may or may not be the best one for you. If you’d rather choose a different offer, you need to click the “explore another option” button below. Remember, you can’t change your mind after registration!
How much is this offer worth?
1 IHG point is worth roughly 0.5 US cents, so this promotion is the equivalent of:
- Earning US$10 per two nights stayed
- Earning US$50 per four nights stayed
It’s not the richest of promotions we’ve ever seen from IHG, so it shouldn’t be a major influence over where you stay (unless you’re itching to test drive your new IHG Diamond status!). Moreover, since the bonus is unrelated to room rate, your rebate will be larger the cheaper the hotel you book.
As a reminder, here’s how many points IHG One Rewards members normally earn, depending on their tier. These will be granted on top of any bonuses from this promotion.
|🏨 IHG Points per US$1|
|*Stays at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites earn 5 base points per US$1|
IHG One Rewards has opened registration for its upcoming summer promotion, which offers a choice between 2,000 bonus points per two nights, or 10,000 bonus points per four nights. You should always choose the latter option, unless you only plan to stay two nights with IHG during the entire promotion period.
Make a point of registering now, just in case.