World of Hyatt’s last global promotion ended on 26 May, and while there’s been quite a gap since, we finally have details on the next upcoming offer, which starts from 1 July 2023.
Members can now register to earn double points on stays at Hyatt properties outside the Americas, from the second stay onwards.
World of Hyatt double points promotion
From 1 July to 15 September 2023, World of Hyatt is offering double points on stays in Europe, Africa, the Middle East & Asia Pacific, starting from the second stay.
Here’s the key details to note:
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay, and must be done by 31 August 2023
- You will only earn double points from the second stay onwards
- Check-out dates must fall within the promotion period (1 July to 15 September 2023) in order to be eligible
- A stay with a check-in date of 15 September 2023 and check-out date of 16 September 2023 would not be eligible
- A stay with a check-in date of 30 June 2023 and check-out date of 1 July 2023 would be eligible
- Award stays will not earn any points in and of themselves, though you can still earn double points on incidental spending like F&B and spa treatments
- A maximum of 25,000 World of Hyatt bonus points can be earned, which is equivalent to US$5,000 spend
|❓ 2X points or 5X points?
|While World of Hyatt uses 2X points in its marketing materials, I prefer to say “double points” to avoid confusion. Members normally earn 5X points per US$1, so double points makes that 10X points per US$1.
Bonuses will only apply to the room the member occupies during the promotion period, so take note if you plan to book multiple rooms. As always, this promotion is valid for stays booked via the official Hyatt website or app; stays made through third parties like Hotels.com will not be eligible.
Here’s how many points World of Hyatt members will earn with this promotion:
|🏨 World of Hyatt Points per US$1
I value World of Hyatt points at about 1.7 US cents each, so base-tier members effectively earn a rebate of about 17% under this promotion- not bad, assuming you don’t have plans to stay in the Americas.
What’s annoying is the “hurdle” of the first stay, because no matter how long that one is, you won’t earn any bonuses on it. If you have numerous long stays coming up, it may make sense to do a cheap one-night stay first to clear the hurdle, thereby earning bonuses on the rest of your nights.
How does this compare to the previous offer?
World of Hyatt’s previous global promotion offered 3,000 bonus points for every two nights, starting from the second stay.
It was a relatively weak offer, although it did favour those who stayed on award nights. The upcoming promotion will offer richer rewards for those who pay cash, since the number of bonus points earned is directly related to the room rate (up to a point at least, since there’s a spending cap of US$5,000).
World of Hyatt members can now register to earn double World of Hyatt points from 1 July to 15 September 2023 on stays outside of the Americas, starting from the second stay. The bonus is capped at US$5,000 of spending, but it’ll still be a better offer compared to the previous Bonus Journeys promotion for those paying cash for rooms.
Even if you plan to stay on points, take a moment to register now because you can still earn double points on incidentals charged to your room.