World of Hyatt has announced the details of their latest Bonus Journeys promotion, which is valid for stays between 20 March and 26 May 2023.
Registered members will earn 3,000 bonus points per 2 nights, starting from the second stay onwards.
New World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys promotion
Here’s the key details of World of Hyatt’s latest Bonus Journeys promotion:
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay, and must be done by 30 April 2023
- 3,000 bonus points will be awarded for every two nights completed from the second stay onwards
- There is no need for the two nights to be consecutive. For example, you will earn 6,000 bonus points on 4x 1-night stays, after the first stay hurdle has been cleared
- Award stays are eligible to earn the bonus
- This promotion is valid for stays at all Hyatt properties, participating MGM resorts, selected SLH locations, and Lindblad Expedition experiences.
- Check-out dates must fall within the promotion period to qualify, i.e. between 20 March and 26 May 2023
The bonus is capped at 30 eligible nights, which mean a maximum of 45,000 bonus points.
World of Hyatt points are worth about 1.7 US cents each, so you effectively earn an incremental return of US$51 per two-night stay. Since this is a fixed bonus unrelated to the rate paid, you’ll obviously get better value by staying at cheaper hotels.
The annoying thing about this promotion is the “hurdle” of the first stay, because no matter how long that one is, you won’t earn any bonuses on it. If you have numerous long stays coming up, it may make sense to do a cheap one-night stay first to clear the hurdle, thereby earning bonuses on the rest of your nights.
Buy World of Hyatt points with a 25% bonus
Since award stays count towards this promotion, it might be a good time to drop a reminder of Hyatt’s ongoing points sale.
From now till 26 March 2023, 12.59 p.m SGT, all purchases of at least 5,000 World of Hyatt points will receive a 25% bonus.
|25% bonus on World of Hyatt points|
A maximum of 55,000 points can be purchased in a calendar year, but you can combine points across accounts during redemptions, so you and your spouse/traveling companion could each buy points and pool them if necessary.
Buying points with a 25% bonus is equivalent to paying 1.92 US cents per point. That’s not the lowest price we ever see (that’d be a 30% bonus, or 1.68 US cents per point) but can make sense in certain scenarios where cash rates are high.
World of Hyatt has now introduced peak pricing after delaying its implementation several times, so here’s how much you can expect to pay for a standard room redemption depending on time of year.
World of Hyatt points expire after 24 consecutive months of inactivity.
World of Hyatt’s latest Bonus Journeys promotion will start in March 2023, and awards 3,000 bonus points per two nights from the second stay onwards. If you have a lengthy stay lined up during the promotion period, it might make sense to book a one-night stay prior to that, just to activate the bonus on your longer stay.
Even if you have no plans to stay at a Hyatt property just yet, you should probably take a moment to register, just in case.