EDIT: This promotion has been extended for another year. Stay until 12 July 2017 and earn your SPG gold status! (see updated T&C here)
EDIT EDIT: This is only for World MC’s issued in Asia Pacific
EDIT EDIT EDIT: It seems they are now asking for a code when you register. You can call up the bank customer service to ask for this code. I suspect the codes are one-time use only because people have reported not being successful using other people’s codes
- SPG Gold usually requires 10 stays or 25 nights in 1 calendar year
- If you have a World or World Elite Mastercard, you can sign up for a promotion that awards you SPG Gold with 1 stay at any Starwood Asia Pacific property by 13 July 2015
- With SPG Gold you can get 4pm late checkout, a 50% points bonus, 250 bonus points per stay and room upgrades
There is an ongoing promotion which awards you SPG Gold with 1 stay at any Starwood Asia Pacific property by 13 July 2015.
SPG Gold is useful to have- you get guaranteed 4pm late checkout (which can be amazing to have when you’ve got a 6pm flight to catch and need a place to refresh prior), 50% bonus points earning, 250 bonus points per stay (at Four Points and Aloft you get 125 bonus points), room upgrades
So do you have a World Mastercard? If you own any of the following cards, you do
- Manhattan World Mastercard
- DBS Women’s World Mastercard
- Maybank World Mastercard
- Citi Dividend World Mastercard
- Citi Paragon World Mastercard
- Citi Rewards World Mastercard
- HSBC Premier World Mastercard
- CIMB World Mastercard
- ANZ Optimum World Mastercard
It appears that the best way of getting in on this is to get a HSBC Premier World Mastercard– there is no annual fee and the minimum income requirement is S$30,000.
Alternatively you can get a Citi Rewards World Mastercard for S$30,000 min income and no first year annual fee.
As I mention in my post on hotel loyalty programs, if you’re the sort who believes in staying in the cheapest possible hotel, or in boutique hotels/B&Bs, this probably won’t interest you. But if you have an upcoming stay for a business trip at a Starwood property in the Asia Pacific region, why not register and get in on this?