It just figures that a few weeks after I go and transfer a buttload of HSBC points to Krisflyer (fearful of an imminent Asiamiles devaluation after their recent spate of losses) HSBC goes and announces a bonus on Asiamiles transfers.
(why did I transfer my points instead of maximizing their validity by keeping them with HSBC? These points were earned through the Advance card, and I had to transfer them out by end of August or they’d turn into cashback. Kind of like a reverse Midas. I tried applying for a HSBC Revolution card so my Advance points would transfer over but the application system was so fussy I gave up)
From now till 30 September, transfer HSBC reward points to Asiamiles and you’ll get 18% additional miles. As a reminder, 5,000 HSBC points= 2,000 Asiamiles, so you’ll get 2,360 Asiamiles instead with this promotion.
Here’s the relevant terms and conditions:
- This Promotion is valid from 1 September to 30 September 2017 (both dates inclusive) (the “Promotional Period”).
- Upon successful conversion, qualified HSBC Cardholders will receive additional 18% Asia Miles credited to their Asia Miles’ account within 4 to 6 weeks after the Promotional period.
- Cardholder must be a Asia Miles member and enrolled in HSBC’s Mileage Programme.
- If you have not enrolled in HSBC’s Mileage Programme, click here for more details.
- General terms and conditions of HSBC’s Rewards Programme apply.
These transfer bonus promos are quite common in the States, but I can’t remember the last time we’ve seen one here. I wouldn’t call this the start of a trend, but we can always hope. One more reason not to jump the gun on your points transfers, I guess.
If you’re new to Asiamiles, try starting off with the primer I have here.
Thanks to Matthew for the tip!