Fuzzie is an app that awards you cashback when you purchase gift cards for more than 100 merchants.
I was always vaguely aware of it but never took a serious look until a reader on the Telegram Group gave me a heads up that there’s a free money opportunity that just needs a couple of seconds of your time.
It’s pretty simple:
(1) Download the Fuzzie app and register an account.
(2) Tap on “ME” at the bottom right, then tap on “Fuzzie Code”. Enter the referral code aaronwxm and you get a $5 instant credit (I earn $5 too, but only if you spend a total of $25 on the app)
(3) Tap on Shop at the bottom left and tap the search icon on the top left. Enter “Grab”
(4) You’ll be directed to the Grab e-gift card page. Tap the $5 option and purchase it with your newly acquired $5 of credit
(5) The fun part is, you actually earn cashback on purchases made with Fuzzie credit, so I got an extra 40 cents.
The promotion mechanics are interesting to me because most of these cashback platforms (eg Shopback) require you to make a first purchase in order to unlock whatever free cashback is given during sign up. Fuzzie doesn’t have this (for now) so I’d sign up sooner rather than later if I were you.
For future reference, it does appear that all purchases of Grab e-cards get 8% cashback, so you could conceivably view this as an 8% rebate on all Grab rides. Cashback earned on Fuzzie can be used on the app or cashed out to a bank account. I haven’t tested it yet, but this looks like a likely candidate for 4 mpd with the DBS WWMC and probably the Citibank Rewards.