Welcome to For The Record, or #ftr, a place to catch up all that’s been shared across The Milelion’s Telegram and Facebook Groups where people talk about miles and points, 24/7. Here’s my attempt to summarize the things I found interesting in the past week.
There’s so much chatter going on that this list will be far from comprehensive, so if you want all the details be sure to join the Telegram and Facebook groups. If you have something important to share, be sure to label it with #ftr in the Telegram or Facebook groups. Thank you to everyone for contributing to the community!
- SP Utilities has no paywave facility, only MST is possible at the moment (CC), however Paywave is “coming soon” (.)
- 10X on Cardup with Citibank Rewards is dead (numerous)
- Recent check-in with DBS reveals Singtel bills (paid via the singtel website), Starhub bills, Uber Eats, Grabpay, SQ, Air Asia, Malindo, Redmart, Netflix, GV, Deliveroo, Fuzee, Honestbee and Cathay continue to earn 10X on the WWMC (Guy Chapman)
- Apple Pay enabled kiosks have been spotted at the following Singtel outlets: Bugis, Jurong Point, Com Centre, Causeway Point, Waterway Point, Tampines Mall, Parkway Parade, Lucky Plaza. M1 Kiosks seen at IMM, Bugis (NB)
- M1 Kiosk payments earn 8 mpd through the Citibank Rewards-Apple Pay promotion (Yao)
- SGH, Self Fix and Watson’s all successfully earned 8 mpd through the Citibank Rewards-Apple Pay promotion, but Mother Care only earned 4 mpd, presumably because it’s an existing 10X merchant (Ric Y)
- Rimowa stores are not considered bag shops by OCBC for purposes of Titanium Rewards spending (Jonathan Lim)
- The latest version of the ride-sharing app Ryde allows credit top ups through Apple Pay (Shasha/Squib M)
- Citibank Premiermiles continues to give 1.2 mpd for ezlink top-ups at GTM (Flappy)
- Starhub does not allow Apple Pay for bill payment, but phones, accessories and activation fees can be paid at the counter via Apple Pay (Guy Chapman)
- If you want to have a meal at The Line in the Shangri-la hotel, it appears that Apple Pay is accepted (C S)
- Deliveroo accepts Apple Pay (DD HH)
- Royal Caribbean cruise transactions earn 10X with the WWMC, but only after an appeal (Jiakbuibui)
- Starhub customers can now redeem Starhub rewards points for OCBC$ at a rate of 100 Starhub Points: 350 OCBC$ (Clark Kent)
- Don’t bother traveling down to Singapore Power to pay with Paywave or other mobile payments, only MST via Samsung Pay is possible (Clark Kent)
- Paying through Apple Pay on the Singapore Airlines mobile app will earn 8 mpd (Loyyster)
- Raffles Medical Clinics accept Paywave (jiakbuibui)
As far as possible I always try to cite the source for proper credit, but feel free to PM me if I’ve goofed up. Please note that this is all community-sourced data and YMMV.