Lifemiles is currently running a sale where members can buy miles with up to a 130% bonus. The bonus is tiered with the following structure:
- Buy 1,000-50,000 Lifemiles: 105% bonus (1.61 US cents per mile)
- Buy 51,000-100,000 Lifemiles: 120% bonus (1.5 US cents per mile)
- Buy 101,000-200,000 Lifemiles: 130% bonus (1.43 US cents per mile)
In addition to this sale, I’m pleased to let you know that from 16-30 May 2018, readers of The Milelion will have exclusive access to a special bonus on purchased miles:
- Buy 1,000-50,000 Lifemiles: 115% bonus (1.535 US cents per mile)
- Buy 51,000-100,000 Lifemiles: 130% bonus (1.43 US cents per mile)
- Buy 101,000-200,000 Lifemiles: 140% bonus (1.375 US cents per mile)
Registration for this offer is required, and can be done here. Registration is open from 15-29 May (or rather, 2pm SGT on 15 May to 2pm SGT on 30 May if you want to be specific). If you try registering before the opening time you’ll get an error message.
After you register, you need to wait 24 hours before the upsized bonus starts showing in your account. Miles purchases must be made from 2pm SGT on 16 May to 2pm SGT on 1 June 2018 (although the upsized bonus will only be available till 31 May 2pm SGT). You can see the full T&C here.
Remember that Lifemiles is also offering discounted Star Alliance awards to selected destinations (book by 15 June 2018), so be sure to have a look at what’s on offer as well. Business Class awards ex-SIN are going anywhere from 5 to 19% off.
As always, it’s not advisable to buy miles speculatively. Be sure to confirm the award space you want is available (through the Lifemiles engine, but also through an additional site like Aeroplan or United) before buying your miles. If you already have travel plans in mind, however, buying Lifemiles can be a great way of saving on premium cabins.
Lifemiles purchases code as airfare and are billed in USD, so you should consider using the following cards to maximize your miles earned:
- UOB Visa Signature- 4 mpd, minimum S$1,000 and maximum S$2,000 FCY spending in a statement period
- DBS WWMC- 4 mpd, maximum S$2,000 in a month
- DBS Altitude Visa/AMEX- 3 mpd, maximum S$5,000 in a month
Thanks again to Lifemiles for offering this exclusive promotion!