Milelion events are a great place to meet up with fellow miles chasers and learn about travel hacking in a small, interactive environment.
Due to popular demand, we’ll be running a Saturday session of Power Award Searching on 18 August.
Time: 10 am-12.15 pm
Venue: 10 Collyer Quay, #26-01, Ocean Financial Centre
Tickets can be purchased through the widget above, or through this link. Early bird tickets will be available until 10am on Saturday, 11 August.
What is Power Award Searching?
You can use airline websites to search for award space, but each site has its own drawbacks. Some don’t have award calendars, some don’t display all their partners online, some show phantom availability.
Moreover, you’ll soon realise that no site is truly comprehensive, and there are award options that regular airline websites won’t put together. And if you have very specific criteria like only wanting a certain cabin product or flight time? Searching through airline sites is going to be a long and arduous process.
That’s where award searching tools come in. If you read Flyertalk or Boardingarea or SQTalk, you’ve no doubt come across names like ExpertFlyer, Award Nexus and KVS. These can be very powerful tools for planning your perfect award trip, but they come with steep learning curves and can be intimidating for first timers.
The purpose of this module is to:
- Explain the need for dedicated award search tools
- Help you understand the different award search engines and the pros and cons of each
- Provide a hands-on demonstration and deep dive into the features and usage of tools like KVS, Award Nexus, Award.Flights and ExpertFlyer
- Illustrate use-cases for each of the tools and how you can integrate them into your trip planning
- Teach you how to set up automated award searches, filter-driven searches, seat alerts, manually construct awards, and much more
Attendees will receive further instructions on how to better prepare for this session. Look forward to seeing you there!