The Milelion’s Monthly Miles Meetup is a place for miles enthusiasts to meet, mingle, and build our own 5G tower for global psychic domination.
I’m pleased to announce the details of the next meetup, which will be a virtual drinks event:
Date: Tuesday, 30 March 2021
Venue: Zoom Meeting
Time: 8.00 pm till 9.00 pm
Registration is now open through the link below. While there’s no cap on registrations, my Zoom plan only allows me to host a maximum of 100 participants, so log on early to avoid disappointment.
We invite a different guest each month to the Monthly Milelion Meetups, someone from the industry who can share insights from the other side of the hotel/airline/bank table. It’s a chance to ask pressing questions, provide passive aggressive feedback and perhaps get insider info, depending on how drunk we can get them.
Here’s a list of past guests:
- January 2019 guest: Kelvin Koh, Head of Grab Rewards
- February 2019 guest: Rohith Murthy, Founder of SingSaver
- April 2019 guest: Leonard Tok, Head of Affluent Cards, OCBC
- May 2019 guest: Nicki Ramsey, CEO of CardUp
- June 2019 guest: Joel Leong, Co-Founder of ShopBack
- July 2019 guest: Val Ji-hsuan Yap, CEO of PolicyPal
- September 2019 guest: Kenneth Lou, Co-Founder of Seedly
- October 2019 guest: Paul Whiteway, Senior Director of Skyscanner Asia
- November 2019 guest: Celine Shiang, 90N Product Manager at OCBC Bank
- December 2019 guest: Jesper Kauth, CMO at RebateMango
- January 2021 guest: Yihao Shi, MD at HoteLux
March 2021 Meetup Guest: Joseph Lim, VOYAGE Product Manager, OCBC Bank
The past year has seen some major shakeups for OCBC’s affluent card portfolio. The VOYAGE was devalued in some ways and enhanced in others, a new Premier Banking Visa Infinite card was launched, and the COVID-19 pandemic has forced a re-evaluation of the value proposition of a travel-focused premium credit card.
What’s been driving those changes, what can we expect in the future, and more fundamentally-what’s the case for holding a travel card with a ~$500 annual fee in a world with closed borders? Those seem like good questions to put forth to this month’s guest: Joseph Lim, Product Manager for VOYAGE and other affluent cards at OCBC.
|Joseph Lim is responsible for the end-to-end development and management of the Affluent Debit and Credit Cards portfolio in OCBC – including the OCBC, OCBC Premier, OCBC Premier Private Client and Bank of Singapore VOYAGE Cards, with the aim of delivering joyful experiences for our affluent customers while balancing business goals.|
There’ll be plenty of time to pose your own questions, either during the session or in advance via this link.
If you know of someone who would make a good profile for a future meetup, I’d love to get in touch with him/her. Do reach out via the Contact Us option.