For AMEX Platinum Charge and Centurion cardholders, one of the highlights of the year was the Christmas pop-up booth at ION.
This fixture featured a gift wrapping station and the all-important claw machine, where cardholders could win prizes like champagne, bonus Membership Rewards points and other AMEX-branded merchandise. The gift wrapping station had a team of calligraphy artists who did wonderful work, and they even took the time to teach my mum (who’s really big on calligraphy) a few things when we dropped by.
American Express has curated a series of 25 deals in the lead up to Christmas. This list will be updated weekly, and so far the offers include:
- Day 1: Receive a S$50/S$100 Club 21 voucher when you spend a minimum of S$350/800
- Day 2: Free delivery with Läderach for any order above S$80 (code: AMEXFREEDELIVERY)
- Day 3: Complimentary Dior Iconic Trial Kit upon presenting card at Dior Beauty ION Boutique
- Day 4: S$30 off your next order at Farmer’s Market with no min. spend (code: AMEXCHRISTMAS)
- Day 5: 15% off Hush Candle (code: AMEX15OFF)
- Day 6: Up to 50% off LA PERLA (Centurion only)
- Day 7: 10% off Ryan’s Grocery (code: AMEXXMAS)
- Day 8: 15% off Fairmont & Swissotel The Stamford non-monetary gift vouchers (code: GCPAMEX15)
- Day 9: Free 30ml Modern Classic perfume with every purchase of Scent Discovery Set at Maison 21G (code: AMEXSCENTBOX21G)
- Day 10: Special rates on gelato and gelato akes at Gelatissimo
- Day 11: 15% off Enchanted Lake Collection at Clé de Peau Beauté Mandarin Gallery boutique
- Day 12: Special savings on wine sets at Malt & Wine Asia
- Day 13: 10% off Christmas hampers at Little Farms (code: LFAMEXHAMPER10)
- Day 14: 5% savings on Grand Cru wine bundles
Jump Jump Reindeer
No, you’re not seeing things- Jump Jump Reindeer is exactly as manic as it sounds. AMEX has created a Flappy Bird clone, and the top 10 scorers each week will win a prize.
|1||3-6 Dec 20||7 Dec|
|2||7-13 Dec 20||14 Dec|
|3||14-20 Dec 20||21 Dec|
|4||21-25 Dec||28 Dec|
For week 1, the prize is a one-night stay at the Ritz Carlton Singapore in a Deluxe Kallang Room. You can play as many times as you want, but do note that unlike some of the other offers mentioned here, this is only open to Centurion and Platinum Charge members (i.e not the Platinum Reserve or Platinum Credit Card). The contest T&C state that it’s only open to Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents, so take note of that too.
As you can see, I’m well on my way…
Gift wrapping set
While there’s no AMEX pop-up booth this year (a shame, because the gift wrapping and calligraphy were really amazing), cardholders can still redeem complimentary gift wrapping sets with their spending.
Centurion cardmembers will be receiving one free set via mail, and Platinum Charge members can redeem one set at the collection point with no spending required. Additional sets can be redeemed with a minimum of S$50 spent to your card, in up to two combined receipts and limited to three redemptions per day.
A word of warning: the redemption centre is Mojito Redemption at Plaza Sing, and I’ve never walked past without seeing a massive queue. I highly doubt there’ll be a special queue for American Express customers, so you’d better have a good amount of patience. What irks me about this place is they don’t have a virtual queue system- you’ll have to stand in line with people redeeming all sorts of other things and wait till it’s your turn.
Collection Period: 4 – 23 December 2020
Operating Hours: 12pm to 8pm daily (Closed on public holidays)
Collection Point: 68 Orchard Road, Plaza Singapura Extension, #04-60/61, Singapore 238839
I’ll certainly miss the claw machine this year, but it’s just part and parcel of how this year has turned out. As for the Dance Dance Reindeer game, well, I wish you all the best but the bar has been set rather high…
Here’s hoping 2021 brings back the claw machine, in-person events and a whole lot of normality.