From 23 September to 20 October 2021, SingSaver is offering new-to-bank customers S$330 cash or an iRobot Roomba 692 (worth S$818) upon approval for selected HSBC credit cards and a minimum spend of S$500.
|❓ New-to-bank definition|
|New-to-bank customers are defined as those who do not currently hold a principal HSBC credit card, and have not cancelled any principal HSBC credit cards in the 12 months prior. Supplementary cards and debit cards do not count.|
This is hands down the best offer we’ve ever seen for HSBC cards; the previous ones maxed out at S$300.
How it works
The following HSBC credit cards are eligible for this offer, so long as applications are received by 20 October 2021 and approved by 15 November 2021.
|Card||Income Requirement||Annual Fee|
|S$30,000||Free for life|
|HSBC Visa Platinum
(2 years free)
(1 year free)
Upon approval, cardholders must spend at least S$500 by the end of the month after approval. For example:
- Cardholders approved between 23-30 September 2021 will have until 31 October 2021 to spend
- Cardholders approved between 1-31 October 2021 will have until 30 November 2021 to spend
Remember to use SingPass MyInfo in your application, as this is required to trigger S$30 of the total S$330 cash you’ll receive.
I should probably point out that HSBC’s MyInfo system is extremely buggy, and the bank doesn’t seem particularly inclined to fix it. If it doesn’t work for you, all I can advise is to revisit this article on your mobile browser and try again.
Cardholders must also provide HSBC with their consent to receive marketing and promotional materials at the time of submitting their application, and have not revoked it at the time of gift fulfilment.
- Apply through any of the links in this article
- You will be directed to a SingSaver landing page. Enter your email address and click “confirm”
- Complete your application and take a screenshot of the confirmation page for your own records.
- Fill in the SingSaver rewards form that will be sent to your email. HSBC does not provide an application reference number, so enter the last 4 digits of your mobile number which you used in the HSBC application form. You’ll be able to indicate your choice of gift in the rewards form if applicable.
Please don’t omit step 4– no form, no reward.
The approved card must be activated and a minimum qualifying spend of S$500 made by the end of the month after approval.
“Qualifying Spend” refers to any retail transactions (including internet purchases) excluding the following:
The key exclusions to note here are insurance, utilities, education, government transactions as well as CardUp/ipaymy. These were all excluded from 1 July 2020 onwards as part of HSBC’s revised rewards terms and conditions.
Gift fulfillment will be handled by both HSBC and SingSaver:
- HSBC will provide S$30 cashback, provided the application is submitted via SingPass MyInfo
- SingSaver will provide S$300 cash or an iRobot Roomba 692, depending on the option you select in the gift form
SingSaver will fulfill cash gifts via PayNow, while those who opt for the iRobot will need to collect their gift from a fulfillment centre.
All gifts will be fulfilled within 5 months of approval. You will not receive your gift immediately upon meeting the minimum spend- the reason for the delay is the need to confirm eligibility with the bank. Please take note of this timeline before applying, and only apply if you’re willing to wait.
Any enquiries about gift fulfillment should be sent to [email protected]
Terms & Conditions
The full T&C for this offer can be found here.
My personal recommendation is the HSBC Revolution, which earns 10X points (4 mpd) on a wide range of categories including travel, shopping, groceries, dining, and transport. There’s no annual fee, and you get a free Entertainer membership on top of all that.
Whatever card you decide on, S$330 cash or a high-end robot vacuum is without a doubt the best I’ve seen HSBC offer. If you don’t have a card yet, this is definitely the time to hop on.