IHG One Rewards’ last global promotion ended on 31 December 2022, and we’ve been waiting for a new one ever since.
Well, details have now been revealed of IHG’s first global promotion of 2023, which kicks off on 9 February 2023. This promotion offers 2,000 bonus points per two nights stayed, with no cap on the maximum bonus that can be earned.
IHG One Rewards new promotion
Here’s the main points to note about IHG One Rewards’ latest global promo.
- Registration is required, and can be done between 23 January and 14 April 2023 (if prompted for a code, enter 48087)
- Stays must be between 9 February and 14 April 2023
- All registration must be done prior to an eligible stay
- All paid nights booked directly through IHG qualify for this promotion, with a minimum nightly rate of US$30
- Award nights do not qualify for this promotion
- There is no cap on the bonus points that can be earned
- Bonus points will post within six weeks of an eligible stay
1 IHG point is worth roughly 0.5 US cents, so this promotion is like receiving an incremental US$10 per two nights stayed.
Frankly speaking, this is kind of an underwhelming offer. It certainly wouldn’t influence where I plan my stays (although my newly-minted IHG Diamond status certainly will!), and will be more useful to those who book inexpensive hotels.
As a reminder, here’s how many points IHG One Rewards members normally earn, depending on their tier. These will be granted on top of any bonuses from this promotion.
|🏨 IHG Points per US$1|
|*Stays at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites earn 5 base points per US$1|
IHG One Rewards has opened registration for its first promotion of 2023, which offers 2,000 bonus points per 2-night stay. With fixed points promotions like this, the lower your room rate, the bigger your effective rebate (provided the room rate is at least US$30), though it has to be said that 2,000 points isn’t much of an incentive any way you look at it.
Nonetheless, there’s no harm in registering just in case.