American Express has launched a new flash deal for the American Express Singapore Airlines Business Credit Card (also known as the AMEX HighFlyer Card), which runs for two weeks from 5-30 June 2023.
New cardholders who spend S$500 in the first month of approval will receive a Samsonite Starfire 75/28 luggage, on top of the regular sign-up offer of 60,000 bonus HighFlyer Points for spending S$8,000 in the first six months.
The additional gift helps boost the first-year value proposition of the AMEX HighFlyer Card, which in March 2023 lost one of its biggest perks: the ability to earn points for GrabPay top-ups.
AMEX HighFlyer Card Flash Deal
|Do note that the landing page will not reflect the Samsonite Starfire luggage offer. However, you can download a copy of the T&Cs for your reference
|💳 Key Info: AMEX HighFlyer Card
Customers who submit their applications between 5-30 June 2023 will receive:
- Samsonite Starfire 75/28 with a minimum spend of S$500 in month 1 (first 30 days) after approval
- 30,000 HighFlyer points with a minimum spend of S$4,000 between months 1-3 (first 90 days) after approval
- 30,000 HighFlyer points with a minimum spend of S$4,000 between months 4-6 (days 91-180) after approval
For the avoidance of doubt, (2) and (3) are independent of each other. You can choose to meet the spending requirement for (2) alone, (3) alone, or (2)+(3). The minimum spend to attain (1) will also count towards minimum spend required to attain (2).
All of the above gifts are on top of the 14,400 base HighFlyer points received for spending S$8,000 at a rate of 1.8 HighFlyer points per S$1.
Cardholders must pay the first year’s annual fee of S$301.80. There is no requirement that they be new-to-AMEX; the offer applies even to existing AMEX consumer cardholders. Applicants who have cancelled the AMEX HighFlyer Card previously for the same company are not eligible.
|🧳 Samsonite Starfire 75/28
What counts towards qualifying spend?
Qualifying spend refers to all retail transactions, excluding the following:
|❌ AMEX HighFlyer Card Exclusions
Note in particular that insurance premiums, SPC transactions, GrabPay top-ups, utilities and public hospitals will not count towards qualifying spend.
When will the sign-up gifts be credited?
- Cardholders will receive a redemption letter or email for the Samsonite Starfire luggage within 12 weeks of meeting the eligibility criteria
- Bonus HighFlyer points will be credited “6 weeks or more” from the date of meeting the eligibility criteria
Terms and Conditions
The T&Cs for this offer can be found below. As always, I recommend saving a copy for your personal reference because the links may be subsequently updated for future campaigns.
Overview: AMEX HighFlyer Card
|Up to 8.5 mpd on SIA tickets
|👍 No minimum business size required
While the AMEX HighFlyer Card is meant for businesses, there’s no minimum turnover or number of employees required to apply. If you’re running a home business, giving tuition or engaged in some other side hustle, setting up a sole proprietorship or LLC would qualify you to apply.
Do note that you must be earning at least S$30,000 per annum to qualify for a card, as per MAS regulations. This need not come from the business itself; for example, I could earn S$30,000 from my day job with Company A, and have a separate side hustle with my own Company B. I can then apply for a HighFlyer Card by virtue of Company B, using Company A’s payslips.
AMEX HighFlyer Cardmembers earn 1.8 HighFlyer points per S$1 on all local and overseas transactions, and up to 8.5 HighFlyer points per S$1 on Singapore Airlines and Scoot revenue tickets.
This consists of 2.5 HighFlyer points per S$1 from the AMEX HighFlyer Card itself, and a further 6 HighFlyer points per S$1 broken down into:
- The usual 5 HighFlyer points per S$1 awarded to all HighFlyer members
- A bonus 1 HighFlyer point per S$1 awarded to HighFlyer members with the AMEX HighFlyer Card
These 6 HighFlyer points per S$1 are not awarded on tickets issued in the V or K booking classes (Economy Lite). Tickets issued in the Q or N booking classes (Economy Value) will only be eligible for 50% accrual of HighFlyer points. HighFlyer points are not earned on award redemptions, so if you’re using the AMEX HighFlyer Card to pay for taxes and surcharges on award tickets, you’ll earn just 2.5 mpd.
|✈️ What is HighFlyer?
HighFlyer is Singapore Airlines’ loyalty program for SMEs. The program is free to join and does not require any minimum spend commitment; all you need to sign up is an ACRA business registration number.
Companies can redeem HighFlyer points at a rate of 1,050 HighFlyer points= S$10, or convert them to KrisFlyer miles for nominated employees at a rate of 1 HighFlyer point= 1 KrisFlyer mile.
HighFlyer points are valid for 3 years.
Do note the following restrictions when converting HighFlyer points to miles:
- Each HighFlyer account can only be linked to a maximum of five selected KrisFlyer accounts for the purpose of converting HighFlyer points to KrisFlyer miles
- Each HighFlyer account is only allowed to convert HighFlyer points to a maximum of 150,000 KrisFlyer miles per calendar year
- Each selected KrisFlyer account may receive a maximum of 30,000 KrisFlyer miles converted from HighFlyer points per calendar year, regardless of which HighFlyer accounts the points are converted from
Purchases of Singapore Airlines tickets will enjoy 0% interest for six months, and other purchases get 51 days of interest-free credit. Employees who purchase tickets with the card will still be entitled to accrue miles for personal use, based on the fare class purchased.
In terms of personal benefits, cardholders enjoy:
- Two complimentary visits to Priority Pass lounges per year
- A complimentary Accor Plus Explorer membership, which includes one free stay every year and up to 50% off dining
- Hertz Gold status with 10% off best available rates and one class upgrades
- A fast track to KrisFlyer Elite Gold status with S$15,000 or more spent on Singapore Airlines group transactions in the first year of card membership
- Complimentary travel insurance when travel tickets are bought with the card
AMEX HighFlyer Card members will also enjoy the following spending bonuses:
- First year only: 5,000 HighFlyer points for S$500 SIA Group spending
- Every year: 15,000 HighFlyer points for S$10,000 SIA Group spending
Complimentary Accor Plus Membership
One of the highlights of the AMEX HighFlyer Card is the free Accor Plus Explorer membership, which includes one complimentary hotel night each year at participating hotels in Singapore and across Asia Pacific.
Members also get access to the periodic Red Hot Rooms sale, which can be a good opportunity to book cheap staycation or overseas hotel rates.
The other big draw of an Accor Plus membership are the dining discounts. The discount structure works like this:
- 25% off dining: 1 member only
- 50% off dining: 1 member and 1 guest
- 33% off dining: 1 member and 2 guests
- 25% off dining: 1 member and 3 guests
- 15% off drinks in Asia
Some examples of participating Accor Plus restaurants in Singapore include Prego, Mikuni and Asian Market Cafe at the Fairmont, SKAI, The Stamford Brasserie, CLOVE, at Swissotel and The Cliff and Kwee Zeen at the Sofitel Sentosa Resort.
From now till 30 June 2023, customers who apply for an AMEX HighFlyer Card via The MileLion will receive an additional gift of a Samsonite Starfire 75/28 luggage, in addition to the usual 60,000 bonus HighFlyer points offer. That, together with the complimentary Accor Plus Explorer membership, should more than help to cover the first year’s S$301.80 annual fee.
Just note that there are no longer any points for GrabPay top-ups, which means you won’t be able to use this card to earn free miles on bill payments anymore.