Welcome to For The Record, or #ftr, a place to catch up all that’s been shared across The Milelion’s Telegram and Facebook Groups where people talk about miles and points, 24/7. Here’s my attempt to summarize the things I found interesting in the past week.
There’s so much chatter going on that this list will be far from comprehensive, so if you want all the details be sure to join the Telegram and Facebook groups. If you have something important to share, be sure to label it with #ftr in the Telegram or Facebook groups. Thank you to everyone for contributing to the community!
Check out previous editions of #ftr here
- More Apple Pay merchants: Dining Room at Sheraton Towers, Four Seasons, Gastronomia Da Paolo, Paul, Casa Verde, Huber’s Butchery, Akimitsu, Wah Kee Big Prawn Noodle, Gochi So Shokudo, Koon Bak Kut Teh, Ya Kun Cafe, The Karting Arena, Spizza Balmoral, Challenger, Paradise Dynasty, Paradise Inn, Jew Kit Chicken Rice, Relish Cluny Court, Tsukada Nojo Plaza Sing, Simply Bread Cluny Court, Twelve Cupcakes, New Ubin Seafood, Swissotel The Stamford, SF Farm Mart, Rookery, common Man Coffee Roasters, Awfully Chocolate, E-Sarn Thai Cuisine, Japan Gourmet Hall Changi Airport, SMU, Asia Sleep Centre, Sushibar at Ngee Ann (but max $100) Beauty in the Pot, Istean supermarket (not the main department store which will be 10X with CR) , smiggle, Four Points by Sheraton (capped at $200 per transaction) (Max Tan, DJ Ang, me from going through all my OCBC records, Yao, Jaydee, jiakbuibui, Aaron)
- Expedia Apple Pay only supports Expedia USA and can only be used for hotel payments, not flights (Ansley)
- Using Apple Pay on trip.com requires that the region and currency of the card on the site matches the card issuing country and currency. Switching country to Singapore and currency to SGD should cause the option to appear (I N)
- Starhub shops do not take bill payments, the Apple Pay machines on premises are for equipment purchases and capped at $100 (.)
- No Apple Pay reported at Chalk Farm and Superitto Paragon, KFC at Singapore Zoo (D J Ang, Jonathan)
- Grab rides and Grab Pay topups continue to earn 10X with the Citibank Rewards Visa and Mastercards (A L, Ansley)
- Favepay getting conflicting 10X reports with Citibank Rewards Visa (Tan, Isaac)
- Keefe Tan still single (Keefe Tan)
As far as possible I always try to cite the source for proper credit, but feel free to PM me if I’ve goofed up. Please note that this is all community-sourced data and YMMV.