Milelion workshops are a great way to meet up with fellow miles enthusiasts and learn about travel hacking in a small, interactive group setting. We’ve run a few of these already on Power Award Searching, Credit Card Rewards and Frequent Flyer Programs, and it’s always an amazing time.
I’ve had a lot of requests to do a session on hotels, so after a few weekends of good, old fashioned slide work I’m proud to announce our latest workshop…
There’s no shortage of ways to book hotels, but do you know how to score better stays for less?
Whether it’s a weekend staycation, a last-minute getaway or a once in a lifetime luxury resort, come learn about the range of tools you have at your disposal to upsize your stay without downsizing your wallet.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Hotel loyalty programs- should you be loyal to a chain, or an OTA?
- How to earn status faster though matches, challenges and credit cards
- Ways of saving big on hotels by buying the right hotel points
- The best ways of using your hotel points
- Special hotel rates and programs that can help you save big
- Opaque booking channels, distressed inventory, auto-rebooking OTAs and other great ways of snagging your hotel stay for less
Date: 3 Aug 2018 (Friday)
Venue: Skyscanner, 39 Robinson Road, #07-04 Robinson Point, 068911
Venue Sponsor: Skyscanner
Skyscanner is the global travel search engine helping over 70 million travellers each month find cheap flights, hotels and car rental deals from over a thousand partners including airlines and online travel agents. With Skyscanner Hotels, travellers can select from millions of rooms worldwide, from 5-star luxury hotels to boutique and budget options. Easily find the perfect room with filters or through the map view, which allows you to see hotels and their prices within the location. Skyscanner is available on iOS and Android or at https://www.skyscanner.com.sg.
A note for those who attended the session on Hotel Hacks at the Milelion’s Masterclass in April: I’ve built this workshop off the materials showcased during that session, updating where necessary and adding a few new sections that I thought were interesting. However, you may find some of the content repetitive if you’ve already attended that talk.
Do remember that we still have two more events upcoming in July.
- Another edition of our very popular Power Award Searching is taking place on Friday evening, 27 July. Tickets are available here.
- The second part of Miles Demystified which focuses on airline frequent flyer programs takes place on Saturday morning, 28 July. Tickets are available here.
Look forward to seeing you there!