Instant provisioning, which allows customers to use their cards online or via mobile wallets immediately upon approval, is all the rage among banks now.
OCBC first started offering instant provisioning for Visa cards through Apple Pay in April 2018 , and this has now been expanded to cover Mastercard cards as well as Google Pay, Fitbit Pay and Samsung Pay.
Get $50 cash rebate upon approval for an OCBC card
To mark the occasion, OCBC is offering a $50 cash credit for new-to-bank customers who apply online for a card by
31 Jul 2019 (approval must be received by 31 Aug 2019). 30 Sept 2019 (extended).
No minimum spending is required.
You are considered a new-to-bank OCBC customer if you do not currently hold any OCBC credit cards, and have not done so in the past 6 months prior to 15 May.
The full T&C can be found here. The following cards are eligible for this promotion:
- OCBC 365 Credit Card
- FRANK Credit Card
- OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card
- NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card
- OCBC Cashflo Credit Card
- OCBC Great Eastern Cashflo Credit Card
- OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card
- OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card
- OCBC Arts Credit Card
- OCBC Best Denki Credit Card
- OCBC Platinum Credit Card
Given that the OCBC VOYAGE is not eligible for this promotion, the main card of interest to miles and points chasers would be the OCBC Titanium Rewards.
As a reminder, the OCBC Titanium Rewards earns 10X points (4 mpd) on in-store and online shopping, both locally and overseas. The 10X points is capped at $12K of annual spending, but you can double that cap to $24K by applying for both the Blue and Pink versions of the card.
OCBC defines shopping as stores which sell clothes, shoes, bags, babies’ and children’s wear, electronics and gadgets and department stores. In addition to that, the following online merchants will also earn 10X points (non-exhaustive).
Here are the relevant MCCs in case you’re interested:
- MCC 5611: Men’s and Boys’ Clothing and Accessories Stores
- MCC 5621: Women’s Ready to Wear Stores
- MCC 5631: Women’s Accessory and Speciality Stores
- MCC 5641: Children’s and Infants’ Wear Stores
- MCC 5651: Family Clothing Stores
- MCC 5661: Shoe Stores
- MCC 5691: Men’s and Women’s Clothing Stores
- MCC 5045: Computers, Peripherals, and Software
- MCC 5732: Electronics Stores
- MCC 5699: Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops
The OCBC Titanium Rewards has a key advantage over other shopping cards like the Citi Rewards Visa or DBS Woman’s World Card because its 10X cap is annual instead of monthly. This means you could max out your 10X cap on a single big ticket transaction, instead of having to break it up.
Given that OCBC cards don’t feature on SingSaver’s monthly deals, this is probably your best chance to snag some additional cash when applying for one.