Back in December I wrote about Marriott’s Members Dine More program, the replacement for SPG Cravings. Members can get up to 20% off F&B spend at selected hotels, regardless of whether or not they’re staying at the time.
Unlike the old SPG Cravings program, where discounts varied across restaurants but everyone enjoyed the same discount at the same restaurant, Members Dine More draws a distinction among elite tiers. On one end of the spectrum, regular and Silver Elite members get 10% off. On the other, Platinum Elite and Platinum Premier members get 20% off.
Earn 3X points with Members Dine More
Marriott Rewards members normally earn 10 points per US$1 spent on dining (subject to a minimum spend of US$10). However, from now till 10 February 2019, Marriott is tripling that to 30 points per US$1 at selected restaurants.
To enjoy this offer, you’ll need to present a special offer email that you may have received in your inbox. It looks something like this:
I’m not sure if the email is targeted, but it’s worth checking your spam folder anyway.
Which restaurants are participating?
This 3X promotion is for selected restaurants in Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok. The full listing can be found on the landing page, but to summarize:
- Beach Road Kitchen, JW Marriott South Beach
- Akira Back, JW Marriott South Beach
- Madame Fan, JW Marriott South Beach
- Marriott Cafe, Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza
- Crossroads Cafe, Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza
- Wan Hao, Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza
- Pool Grill, Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza
- Ozone, Ritz Carlton Hong Kong
- Cafe Renaissance, Renaissance Hong Kong Harbor View Hotel
- Mirage Bar & Restaurant, Renaissance Hong Kong Harbor View Hotel
- Goji Kitchen + Bar, Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park
- Akira Back, Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park
- Pagoda Chinese Restaurant, Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park
- Siam Tea Room, Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park
- Soba Factory, Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park
- The District Grill Room & Bar, Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit
- 57th Street, Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit
- Seasonal Tastes, The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Kisso Japanese Restaurant, The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
It’s actually not a very extensive list of properties- 2 in Singapore, 2 in Hong Kong and 3 in Bangkok. Nonetheless, if you already planned to dine there anyway, there’s no harm getting 30 points per US$1 out of it.
The T&C confusingly state that one can earn “up to 10 points per US$1”, but I think they’re mistakenly quoting the original Members Dine More terms. The graphics in the landing page clearly indicate that you should be getting 30 points per US$1 under this promotion.
Although the list of participating restaurants is decidedly small, the opportunity to earn 30 points per US$1 is difficult to dismiss. Hotel points are very hard to earn in Singapore without actually staying, so every chance to rack up a few more is welcome.
Signing up for cards or making purchases through the links in this article may generate a referral commission that supports the running of The Milelion. Found this post useful? Subscribe to ourTelegram Channel to get these posts pushed directly to your phone, or our newsletter (on the right of your screen) for the latest deals and hacks delivered to your inbox.