With the exception of allowing cardholders to carry forward limo rides, the Citi Prestige hasn’t actually offered any annual fee rebates or special promotions, despite the majority of its benefits currently being unusable.
Citi Prestige Staycation Promotion
Well, Citi has now conjured up a staycation promotion, and I have to say, the rates are worth taking a look at.
Both hotels have already been approved by the STB to accept staycation guests.
This offer is only available to principal cardholders. Here’s the other main points to take note of:
- Reservation must be made using a Citi Prestige credit card and the cardholder must be presented at check-in, and for full payment upon check out.
- Cardholders will have to present their Citi Prestige credit card upon check-in.
- The cardholder who booked the stays must be one of the staying guests.
- Complimentary night is non-transferable and not valid for stays at another hotel.
- Complimentary night must be utilized during the same stay as the purchased nights;
- Purchased and complimentary nights must be of the same room types.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the complimentary night cannot be combined with another “stay a minimum night and get free night” type of offer run by the hotels directly
The full T&C of this promotion can be found here.
The Fullerton Hotel (S$490 nett)
Citi Prestige cardholders will be able to book 2 nights in a Premier Courtyard Room for S$490 nett, inclusive of:
- Breakfast for 2 adults
- S$80 nett dining credit per stay
I’m seeing plenty of dates where this rate is available. Any date below which shows a rate of S$209 is eligible- but take note you can’t just book one night. The working, for those who are interested, is S$209 * 2 nights * 1.1 (Service Charge) * 1.07 (GST)= S$490 nett.
The best offer I’m currently aware of for The Fullerton Hotel is the “Luxury of Time” package.
Here’s how the two compare:
|Citi Prestige Offer||Luxury of Time|
|Room Type||Premier Courtyard Room||Heritage Room|
|Early check-in||N/A||11 a.m|
|Late check-out||N/A||6 p.m|
|Refund policy||48 hours before arrival||Non-refundable|
|Total Cost||S$490 nett||S$447 nett|
Even though the Citi Prestige books you into a room that’s one category below Luxury of Time, on the whole it still looks like the better offer. It’s also fully refundable, so long as you cancel at least 48 hours before you arrive.
Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (S$350 nett)
Citi Prestige cardholders will be able to book 2 nights in a Deluxe Room for S$350 nett, inclusive of:
- Breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children, or 3 adults
- 11 a.m check-in and 2 p.m check-out (both subject to availability)
- Free parking
- Dining credits of S$100 nett per stay
Do note that the following black-out dates apply: 8-10 August, 25-31 December 2020.
Unlike The Fullerton Hotel offer, this promotion cannot be booked online. Cardholders will have to call 6831 4555 or drop an email to the Marriott to make a booking.
The best offer I’m currently aware of for the Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel is the “Iconic City Staycation” package. Here’s how the two compare:
|Citi Prestige Offer||Iconic City Staycation|
|Room Type||Deluxe Room||Deluxe Room|
|Early check-in||11 a.m||N/A|
|Late check-out||2 p.m||3 p.m|
|Refund policy||72 hours before arrival||Non-refundable|
|Total Cost||S$350 nett||S$304 nett|
The Citi Prestige offer is clearly superior here, with its flexible refund policy, higher dining credit, and the fact that it’s two nights. By the way, dining credits are applied to your bill at the time of check-out, which means you’ll be able to stack these with the ongoing Marriott Bonvoy dining discount of up to 30%.
What other offers are available?
If neither of these hotels tickle your fancy, don’t worry- with more than 150 hotels now approved for staycations, you’re bound to find something you like.
Check out all your staycation options and deals at The Milelion’s Staycation Portal.
Citi Prestige members have access to two very decent staycation deals, and those in the market for a staycation will certainly want to give them serious consideration.
It’s unclear whether these rates will qualify for Marriott Bonvoy elite status credit or points, so I recommend checking with the hotel if that’s important to you.