From 14 April to 4 May 2022, SingSaver is offering its biggest-ever sign-up offer on HSBC credit cards, with a choice of S$350 cash, Tilt 500 XS folding bike, or an Apple Watch SE for new-to-bank customers.
Customers who apply via SingPass MyInfo will receive S$30 cashback from HSBC.
|🎁 Sign-Up Gifts|
|❓ New-to-bank definition|
|New-to-bank customers are defined as those who do not currently hold a principal HSBC credit card, and have not cancelled any principal HSBC credit cards in the 12 months prior. Supplementary cards and debit cards do not count.|
Assuming you take the cash option for both, you’d be looking at S$380 in total.
It’s the most generous offer we’ve ever seen for a HSBC card, although the catch is that the minimum spend for the SingSaver gift has been increased from S$500 to S$800; there is no minimum spend required for the HSBC gift.
How it works
The following HSBC credit cards are eligible for this offer, so long as applications are received by 4 May 2022.
|Card||Income Requirement||Annual Fee|
|S$30,000||Free for life|
|HSBC Visa Platinum|
(2 years free)
(1 year free)
Upon approval, cardholders must spend at least S$800 by the end of the month after approval. For example:
- Cardholders approved in April 2022 will have until 31 May 2022 to spend
- Cardholders approved in May 2022 will have until 30 June 2022 to spend
Remember to use SingPass MyInfo in your application, as this is required to trigger the extra S$30 cashback. Fair warning: HSBC’s MyInfo system can be buggy, and the bank doesn’t seem particularly inclined to fix it despite feedback. If it doesn’t work for you, all I can advise is to revisit this article on your mobile browser and try again.
Cardholders must also provide HSBC with their consent to receive marketing and promotional materials at the time of submitting their application, and have not revoked it at the time of gift fulfilment.
- Apply through any of the links in this article
- You will be directed to a SingSaver landing page. Enter your email address and click “confirm”
- Complete your application and take a screenshot of the confirmation page for your own records.
- Fill in the SingSaver rewards form that will be sent to your email. HSBC does not provide an application reference number, so enter the last 4 digits of your mobile number which you used in the HSBC application form. You’ll be able to indicate your choice of gift in the rewards form if applicable.
Please don’t omit step 4– no form, no reward.
The approved card must be activated and a minimum qualifying spend of S$800 made by the end of the month after approval.
“Qualifying Spend” refers to any retail transactions (including internet purchases) excluding the following:
The key exclusions to note here are insurance, utilities, education, government transactions as well as CardUp/ipaymy. These were all excluded from 1 July 2020 onwards as part of HSBC’s revised rewards terms and conditions.
Gift fulfillment will be handled by both HSBC and SingSaver:
- HSBC will provide the S$30 cashback, provided the application is submitted via SingPass MyInfo
- SingSaver will provide the S$350 cash, Tilt 500 XS folding bike or Apple Watch SE, depending on the option you select in the gift form
SingSaver will fulfill cash gifts via PayNow, while those who opt for the bike or watch will need to collect their gift from a fulfillment centre.
All gifts will be fulfilled within 5 months of approval. You will not receive your gift immediately upon meeting the minimum spend- the reason for the delay is the need to confirm eligibility with the bank. Please take note of this timeline before applying, and only apply if you’re willing to wait.
Any enquiries about gift fulfillment should be sent to [email protected]
Terms & Conditions
The full T&C for this offer can be found here.
SingSaver is offering the biggest cash gift we’ve ever seen for HSBC cards, and this to me is the perfect opportunity to get a HSBC Revolution and start earning 10X points (4 mpd) on a wide range of categories including travel, shopping, groceries, dining, and transport. There’s no annual fee, and you get a free Entertainer subscription on top of all that.
If you’re struggling to meet the S$800 minimum spend, don’t forget that even grocery vouchers will count, and you’ll earn 4 mpd on them too.
Remember to submit your applications by 4 May 2022 to be eligible.