SingSaver has brought back the offer they were running earlier this month for Standard Chartered credit cards. From 18-31 March 2021, all new-to-bank customers approved for selected Standard Chartered credit cards will receive either an Apple Watch Series 3 (worth S$299) or S$250 cash.
Existing cardholders will receive S$30 cash via PayNow.
|❓ New-to-bank customers are defined as those who do not currently hold a principal Standard Chartered credit card, and have not done so in the 12 months prior.|
To receive your gift, you must spend at least S$200 within 30 days of card approval.
What Standard Chartered cards are eligible?
The following Standard Chartered credit cards are eligible for this campaign:
(2 years waiver)
|1.5% cashback on everything|
(2 years waiver)
|Up to 2.9 mpd on FCY spend (capped at S$2.2K per year)*|
|*4 mpd if you hold the SCB Visa Infinite or SCB X Card|
Your application must be received by 2359 on 31 March 2021 and approved by 30 April 2021 to be eligible. The physical card must be activated and a minimum spend of S$200 made within the first 30 days of approval.
The minimum spend can consist of any retail transaction, except the following:
(i) any Equal Payment Plan (EPP) purchases,
(ii) refunded/ disputed/ unauthorised/ fraudulent retail purchases,
(iii) Quick Cash and other instalment loans,
(iv) bill payments made using the Eligible Card as a source of funds,
(v) late payment fees
(vii) any other form of service/ miscellaneous fees
The following MCCs are also excluded:
- 6051 (Non-Financial Institutions – Foreign Currency, Non-Fiat Currency (for example: Cryptocurrency), Money Orders (Not Money Transfer), Account Funding (not Stored Value Load), Travelers Cheques, and Debt Repayment)
- 6211 (Security Brokers/Dealers)
- 4829 (Money Transfer) and 6513 (Real Estate Agents and Managers)
- 8211 (Elementary and Secondary Schools)
- 8220 (Colleges, Universities, Professional Schools, and Junior Colleges)
- 8241 (Correspondence Schools), 8244 (Business and Secretarial Schools)
- 8249 (Vocational and Trade Schools) and 8299 (Schools and Educational Services (Not Elsewhere Classified)
- 9211 (Court Costs, Including Alimony and Child Support)
- 9222 (Fines)
- 9223 (Bail and Bond Payments)
- 9311 (Tax Payments)
- 9399 (Government Services (Not Elsewhere Classified))
- 9402 (Postal Services – Government Only) and 9405 (U.S. Federal Government Agencies or Departments)
- 8398 (Charitable Social Service Organizations), 8651 (Political Organizations) and 8661 (Religious Organizations)
- 7523 (Parking Lots, Parking Meters and Garages)
- 7349 (Cleaning, Maintenance and Janitorial Services); and any other charge, fee, transaction or payment as Standard Chartered Bank may stipulate from time to time.
It’s worth noting that the SCB Rewards+ card, while not spectacular in and of itself, can nonetheless be useful when paired with an SCB X Card or SCB Visa Infinite. That’s because SCB pools points among cards, and you can redeem them at the preferable rate offered to X Card/Visa Infinite members. This means your Rewards+ card will earn 4 mpd on foreign currency spending, capped at S$2,222 per membership year.
It’s important to take a screenshot of the application reference number for your own records, and fill in the SingSaver Rewards Form (sent to your email) promptly. Failing to do so may result in you missing out on your gift.
Gifts typically take up to 4 months for fulfillment, and the full T&C can be found here.
Any questions about fulfillment of gifts should be directed to [email protected]