From now till 27 June 2021, SingSaver is running a special on the Citi Rewards Card, where new-to-bank customers can choose between a welcome gift of a Nintendo Switch Lite or S$350 cash. Existing customers will receive S$30 cash per approved card.
|❓ New-to-bank customers are defined as those who do not currently hold a principal Citi card, and have not in the 12 month period before application. Debit cards, supplementary cards and corporate cards don’t count.|
All cardholders will be required to activate their card and spend at least S$200 within 30 days of card approval.
Why get a Citi Rewards Card?
|SingSaver T&C||Citibank T&C|
The Citi Rewards Card has an annual income requirement of S$30,000, and its S$192.60 annual fee is waived for the first year. Cardholders will earn 10X points (equivalent to 4 mpd) on:
- All online transactions (except travel* and mobile wallet)
- Offline transactions at department stores
- Offline transactions at stores selling bags, shoes and clothes
|*Travel is defined as airlines, car rentals, hotels, cruise lines, tour agencies and passenger railways|
You can earn 10X points on a maximum of S$1,000 of eligible spending per statement month (note that this may be different from the calendar month- check your internet banking to see the date your statement runs from).
Since online transactions are such a broad category, the Citi Rewards Card a simple way to earn 4 mpd on streaming subscriptions, Grab/gojek, food delivery, groceries and shopping. There’s very little to remember: so long as it’s online (and not travel), use this card.
Although the value proposition is very similar to the DBS Woman’s World Card, one key advantage that Citibank has is its breadth of transfer partners. While DBS only has KrisFlyer, Asia Miles and Qantas, Citi cardholders can transfer points to 11 different frequent flyer programs, including some with great sweet spots like Etihad Guest, British Airways Executive Club, and Turkish Miles&Smiles. Even the newly-revitalised Qatar Privilege Club might be a good bet.
|💳 Citibank Transfer Partners|
|For a full list of transfer partners, refer to this article|
For avoidance of doubt, applications through SingSaver will not be eligible for the 30,000 ThankYou points (12,000 miles) offer that Citibank has on its official website.
- Apply through any of the links in this article
- You will be directed to a SingSaver landing page. Enter your email address and click “confirm”
- Complete your application and take a screenshot of the Application Reference Number (for Citibank, it’s 12 alphanumeric characters)
- Fill in the SingSaver rewards form that will be sent to your email. It’s vital you fill in the form– no form, no reward.
You’ll be able to indicate your choice of gift in the rewards form if applicable.
Personally, I’d go for the S$350 cash instead of the Nintendo Switch. While SingSaver’s landing page says it’s worth S$379, you could easily find it for S$280-290 on retailers like Amazon and Courts. Even if you want a Switch, you still come out on top taking the cash, buying the Switch yourself (with your Citi Rewards Card!) and earning miles in the process.
Your application must be received by 2359 on 27 June 2021 and approved by 31 July 2021 to be eligible. The full T&C can be found here.
All cardholders will be required to activate their card and spend at least S$200 within 30 days of card approval on qualifying transactions.
“Qualifying transaction” refers to any retail transactions (including internet purchases) which do not arise from:
- any Equal Payment Plan (EPP) purchases,
- refunded/ disputed/ unauthorised/ fraudulent retail purchases,
- Quick Cash and other instalment loans,
- Citi PayLite/ Citi Flexibill/ cash advance/ quasi-cash transactions/ balance transfers/ annual card membership fees/ interest/ goods and services taxes,
- bill payments made using the Eligible Card as a source of funds,
- late payment fees
- any other form of service/ miscellaneous fees
For the avoidance of doubt, Citi PayAll payments, CardUp payments and grocery voucher purchases will count towards the minimum spend requirement and earn rewards points as normal.
Insurance, government, education bills and charitable donations will count towards the minimum spend requirement but will not earn rewards points.
All gifts will be fulfilled within 4 months of approval. You will receive an email enabling you to collect your gift from a fulfillment centre.
Do note that you will not receive your gift immediately upon meeting the minimum spend- the reason for the delay is the need to confirm eligibility with the bank. Please take note of this timeline before applying, and only apply if you’re willing to wait.
Any enquiries about gift fulfillment should be sent to [email protected]