EDIT: This appears to be a targeted promotion
OCBC recently relaunched its Titanium Rewards card, which awards 10X points (4mpd) on online and offline spend on clothes, shoes, bags, department stores, electronics, personal care and baby/children’s wear.
Although OCBC lacks a good general spending card, it may still be worthwhile getting the Titanium Rewards card assuming you intend to spend a good deal of money on the aforementioned categories (and can’t get a HSBC Advance for your online spending). One big advantage the Titanium Rewards card has over similar positioned cards like the DBS Woman’s World Card is that DBS points expire after 1 year whereas OCBC$ are valid for 2 years.
For the CNY period, OCBC is running a 15X point promotion on the Titanium Rewards card.
This earns you the equivalent of 6mpd on
- MCC 5311: Department Stores
- MCC 5611: Men’s and Boys’ Clothing and Accessories Stores
- MCC 5621: Women’s Ready to Wear Stores
- MCC 5631: Women’s Accessory and Speciality Stores
- MCC 5641: Children’s and Infants’ Wear Stores
- MCC 5651: Family Clothing Stores
- MCC 5661: Shoe Stores
- MCC 5691: Men’s and Women’s Clothing Stores
- MCC 5045: Computers, Peripherals, and Software
- MCC 5732: Electronics Stores
- MCC 5699: Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops
The promotion is valid on spend from Jan 24 to Feb 15 2017. You can read the T&C here. There is a cap on the bonus earned, however- you will earn the additional 5X up to 10,000 OCBC$, which means you max out this bonus with $2,000 of spending (spending from the $2,001 dollar onwards gets 10X points, or 4mpd, up to a maximum of $12,000 per cardmember year)
Remember that your mobile payments with Samsung Pay, Apple Pay and Android Pay qualify for the 15X (and 10X regularly) bonus with OCBC.