The Milelion directory has been updated for September. More useful articles on travelling better for less await.
Note that this is not an exhaustive list of every article on the site. I do not mention below timed promotions or limited period offers which will eventually expire. For these you need to watch the main page (and click through to older articles at the bottom).
You can always find the latest directory here. As of September, the directory reads as follows-
- What is the value of a mile?
- Should I buy miles through a mileage broker?
- Get cheap(er) first and business class flights on Star Alliance with Lifemiles
- Or if you fancy flying Cathay, get cheaper flights through Alaska Mileageplan
- Learn about the SQ waitlist here and here
- How bad is the SQ waitlist, really?
- Please, don’t waste your Krisflyer miles on Scoot/Tiger vouchers
- Krisflyer spree is a waste of your time
- Also, don’t pay more to earn Krisflyer miles on Scoot/Tiger
- Things to watch out for when booking with Tigerair
- Should you redeem your Krisflyer miles for Star Alliance partner awards? There are some sweet spots!
- Planning to fly with a particular airline only once and don’t want those miles to go to waste? Pool them in Etihad and cash out
- Get discounted upgrades using the Etihad upgrade bidding system
- Is Krisflyer overdue for a devaluation? (edit: the devaluation is here!)
- Booking an RTW trip? Start from Japan and save big
- Could Asiamiles be better than Krisflyer?
- Learn how to pool your family’s miles with Japan Airlines
- Singapore Airlines intends to launch a bidding system for paid upgrades to premium economy. Watch this space.
- Is it worth it to redeem First Class over Business Class?
- A primer on lounge access through credit cards
- The Milelion pocket credit card guide
- Should I use my credit card overseas?
- 2016 credit card strategy and what card to use when
- Why cashback cards suck
- Best cards for general spending
- Best cards for specialised spending
- Are you a student? Can you earn miles?
- What are the best entry-level credit cards for earning miles? (the DBS Altitude card is now available for 30K income bracket!)
- How to earn miles for bill payments
- Dining cards in Singapore (and your last chance to get the UOB Preferred Platinum AMEX for dining)
- Is that complimentary travel insurance that comes with your credit card any good?
- Is that flashy new OCBC Voyage card any good? No, no and no.
- I’ve got a lot of credit cards. Does this damage my credit score?
- Ultra exclusive credit cards- ultra pointless
- Is there any point converting PAssion points to Krisflyer miles?
- The Krisflyer Ascend has been rebranded. What has changed? Also read The Milelion’s take on the new Krisflyer cobranded AMEXes here
- 4 miles on “everything” through FEVO (you used to be able to do this with the AMEX Imagine but sadly that card is bye bye)
- UOB’s YOLO card is a reminder that life is too short for cashback
- Want to get a no-fee Visa Infinite card? Now you can with CIMB
- Standard Chartered Visa Infinite presents an opportunity to buy miles for less than 2 cents each
- The Milelion Credit Card Omnibus
- Does it make sense to use your credit card to pay taxes?
- Can you earn miles on Ezlink topups?
- The HSBC Advance card has some interesting perks you might want to consider
- This link will eventually get outdated, but if you’re reading this now, fancy metal cards do not count as a benefit
- Which credit card has the best airport transfer perk?
- Get quick elite status through status challenges
- Hilton is matching rival hotel program status till 30 June, get your status matched here
- Or get quick SPG gold status if you have a World Mastercard
- Learn how to score 5* hotel stays at 1* prices through Hotwire and Priceline
- Learn how to use Best Rate Guarantees to lower the cost of your hotel stay
- How do I find BRG opportunities?
- Got a Visa Signature card? Some special hotel deals for you
- Need to stay at a hotel outside your regular chain? Get additional miles when you book
- Want an alternative to the traditional OTAs? Try these
- Like boutique hotels? Check out Small Luxury Hotels
- How do you get cheaper staycations in Singapore?
- Save money on your rental car insurance
- Pick your own rental car with National
- Free one way car rentals. Really
- Upgrade your trip to a convertible for cheap
- Free US Sim Cards
- Free France Sim Cards
- Free UK Sim Cards
- What is your best option for data roaming overseas?
Reviews of Flights and Hotels
- Sheraton Samui
- Singapore Airlines Suites SIN-CDG
- Singapore Airlines Business Class SIN-SFO
- Singapore Airlines Premium Economy SIN-HKG
- Singapore Airlines Suites SIN-LHR
- More reflections on SQ Premium Economy
- ANA First Class SEA-SIN
- Qatar Airways Business Class SIN-DOH
- Finnair Business Class BKK-HEL
- St Regis Beijing
- Conrad Koh Samui (and can you hack the Conrad Koh Samui?)
- Vana Belle Koh Samui
- The Milelion’s RTW Trip, which has many reviews of hotels and airlines inside
- Crowne Plaza Singapore Changi Airport
- Hilton Tokyo Odabia
- Intercontinental Danang
Other useful stuff
- Use cashback sites, save money, earn points as per normal
- More on cashback sites
- Remember to pair your Uber and SPG accounts, but beware of Uber’s new untransparent pricing model
- See The Milelion’s powerpoint presentation on travel hacking
- Dynamic currency conversion is a scam. Just say no, kids
- Get your APEC business travel card to skip queues at the airport
- Save on Wifi costs by turning your laptop into a router
- Is The Entertainer good value for money?
- Can you turn your rental payments into miles with ipaymy?
- What are the different promotions for Android/Apple/Samsung pay?
- Earn miles with your ERP and parking payments
- Global Entry is now available for Singaporeans, but how long do you have to wait?
[Last updated: 9 Sept 16]